SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How ICE Protestors are Handled in Philly
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How ICE Protestors are Handled in Philly Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Oh MY God. That's an awesome one.

That dude is going to town with that pepper bullet gun! Just walking around seasoning all the dumbasses!

40 secs in "Tony, I love you!!" bwahahahaha

"Is that how you treat women!""

"SHAAAAME!!!!"

Tasers too!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, don't they want equal rights?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:

Well, don't they want equal rights?

Extra pepper balls it is!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I had read Portland PD was not allowed to assist ICE dealing with these morons, but I was wrong.

The link has some still photos of the dump plus a video of the police chief's statement.

https://www.oregonlive.com/por...html#incart_breaking

Portland police clear occupiers from encampment at ICE headquarters

Updated 10:28 AM; Posted 10:28 AM

Portland police Wednesday morning cleared the last remaining protesters from an encampment at the Southwest Portland offices of the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.

About a dozen protesters had remained at the headquarters in South Waterfront after the camp five weeks ago was created by demonstrators saying they were acting against the immigration policies of the Trump administration.

Police released a statement about 4:30 a.m. saying Portland officers were assisting in cleaning up the Occupy ICE Camp near Southwest Macadam Avenue and Bancroft Street.

The city had warned remaining campers Monday night that they needed to leave or face arrest after Tuesday.

Most occupiers, which at the camp's height numbered in the hundreds, had left over the past few weeks.

Police Wednesday morning taped off the area around the ICE headquarters and closed the intersection. About a dozen protesters initially remained, standing at the intersection of Lowell Street and Moody Avenue. By 6:30 a.m., only about five were still at the scene.

Police said protesters were subject to citation or arrest for charges including trespassing, illegal camping on public property and illegal structures on public property. The police statement said its explosives unit and Portland Fire & Rescue personnel were present as precautions.

Shortly after 6 a.m., Portland Police Chief Danielle Outlaw held a news conference at the site.

She said police have received 76 calls during the encampment and have responded to 41 of them. She also said the roads near the ICE headquarters were needed for access to medical facilities in the area.

Outlaw also said the camp posed fire and biomedical hazards.

"We knew we had to get ahead of it before it spiraled out of control," she said.

Outlaw said after bringing those reasons to Mayor Ted Wheeler, he then "fully supported" clearing the camp of occupiers.

The occupation began five weeks ago, when protesters set up a makeshift camp at the building and have been there around the clock since. They said their intention is to protest the Trump administration's policy of separating children and parents who are detained after border crossings and seek the abolishment of ICE.

The field office closed for days because protesters blocked its entrances. Several demonstrators were detained and charged with misdemeanors when federal police moved to reopen the building. Protesters carried on, with tensions between their ranks and federal officers flaring up on occasion.

Demonstrations came to a head last week, when members of the right-wing Patriot Prayer group came to the campsite and argued with protesters. Three demonstrators were arrested at the time for crossing police lines and preventing access to the building.

A faction of protesters left voluntarily Monday, Eudaly said. Wheeler encouraged others to follow suit.

Wheeler said he supports protesters' cause, but believes the camp-out demonstration is no longer "sustainable."

"To all demonstrators: I urge you to keep up this effort," Wheeler said. He added that he believes it is time to for protesters to "move on" and focus on changing immigration policy, rather than camping at the ICE field office.

Contract workers began cleaning the campsite about 8 a.m. They planned to collect items of "obvious utility and value" left behind. The bureau will store the items, and people can claim any belongings until Sept. 1, 2018 by contacting Pacific Patrol Services at 503-595-3440.

The action shut down numerous streets as the morning commute began, including:

Bancroft is closed between Macadam and Bond Avenue.
Moody is closed between Bancroft and Lowell.
Bond is closed at Bancroft.

-- The Oregonian/OregonLive

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Maybe Philly learned something from the months-long Occupy Philadelphia protest camp outside City Hall 2011-2012 ...

Rizzo's crew would have swatted these punks into blood and stitches ...

SoyBoy hosted in three convenient sizes @ 72dpi. The original OP image is 144dpi, suitable for framing. The perfect gift.

https://avatarhost.files.wordp...ntifa-soyboy-2-0.jpg

Show me your War Face !

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 251 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
"Is this how you treat women?"

No you dingbat this is how we treat criminals.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
That punk slap outta be an animated gif with some pithy statement!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Horses are more useful than bicycles for clearing. Maybe that is the next level. Two jeeps with barbed wire strung between them traveling down the street is pretty effective.
I thought the cops showed restraint.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Here's the gif:

quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
That punk slap outta be an animated gif with some pithy statement!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
They had a runner but no K9 ??

If it weren’t for that, I’d give it a 10.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The only line umbrella boy missed was "...you damn dirty apes!" Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a civilized society to exist we must first have order and security.

These cops were restoring it.

Bravo!

------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I thought I had read Portland PD was not allowed to assist ICE dealing with these morons, but I was wrong.

The link has some still photos of the dump plus a video of the police chief's statement.

https://www.oregonlive.com/por...html#incart_breaking

Portland police clear occupiers from encampment at ICE headquarters

Updated 10:28 AM; Posted 10:28 AM

Portland police Wednesday morning cleared the last remaining protesters from an encampment at the Southwest Portland offices of the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.

About a dozen protesters had remained at the headquarters in South Waterfront after the camp five weeks ago was created by demonstrators saying they were acting against the immigration policies of the Trump administration.

Police released a statement about 4:30 a.m. saying Portland officers were assisting in cleaning up the Occupy ICE Camp near Southwest Macadam Avenue and Bancroft Street.

The city had warned remaining campers Monday night that they needed to leave or face arrest after Tuesday.

Most occupiers, which at the camp's height numbered in the hundreds, had left over the past few weeks.

Police Wednesday morning taped off the area around the ICE headquarters and closed the intersection. About a dozen protesters initially remained, standing at the intersection of Lowell Street and Moody Avenue. By 6:30 a.m., only about five were still at the scene.

Police said protesters were subject to citation or arrest for charges including trespassing, illegal camping on public property and illegal structures on public property. The police statement said its explosives unit and Portland Fire & Rescue personnel were present as precautions.

Shortly after 6 a.m., Portland Police Chief Danielle Outlaw held a news conference at the site.

She said police have received 76 calls during the encampment and have responded to 41 of them. She also said the roads near the ICE headquarters were needed for access to medical facilities in the area.

Outlaw also said the camp posed fire and biomedical hazards.

"We knew we had to get ahead of it before it spiraled out of control," she said.

Outlaw said after bringing those reasons to Mayor Ted Wheeler, he then "fully supported" clearing the camp of occupiers.

The occupation began five weeks ago, when protesters set up a makeshift camp at the building and have been there around the clock since. They said their intention is to protest the Trump administration's policy of separating children and parents who are detained after border crossings and seek the abolishment of ICE.

The field office closed for days because protesters blocked its entrances. Several demonstrators were detained and charged with misdemeanors when federal police moved to reopen the building. Protesters carried on, with tensions between their ranks and federal officers flaring up on occasion.

Demonstrations came to a head last week, when members of the right-wing Patriot Prayer group came to the campsite and argued with protesters. Three demonstrators were arrested at the time for crossing police lines and preventing access to the building.

A faction of protesters left voluntarily Monday, Eudaly said. Wheeler encouraged others to follow suit.

Wheeler said he supports protesters' cause, but believes the camp-out demonstration is no longer "sustainable."

"To all demonstrators: I urge you to keep up this effort," Wheeler said. He added that he believes it is time to for protesters to "move on" and focus on changing immigration policy, rather than camping at the ICE field office.

Contract workers began cleaning the campsite about 8 a.m. They planned to collect items of "obvious utility and value" left behind. The bureau will store the items, and people can claim any belongings until Sept. 1, 2018 by contacting Pacific Patrol Services at 503-595-3440.

The action shut down numerous streets as the morning commute began, including:

Bancroft is closed between Macadam and Bond Avenue.
Moody is closed between Bancroft and Lowell.
Bond is closed at Bancroft.

-- The Oregonian/OregonLive

Portland PD was ordered not to assist ICE or FPS when the protestors occupied the gates and doorways of the ICE office shutting down the office.

Since DHS brought in reinforcements and cleared the protestors off federal property the protestors have remained camped out on a strip of city property next to the office.

Basically the protestors became such a nuisance and health hazard to other surrounding residents the mayor gave in and ordered the protestors cleared out.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
This still makes me laugh.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Here's how you do it. Scoop the lefties up and turn them into dog food, "soylent red". Wink

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The link has some tweets from the Portland mayor that may be painful to read.

https://www.oregonlive.com/por...nd_mayor_for_po.html

ICE union asks Portland mayor for police protection

Updated Jul 30, 8:26 PM; Posted Jul 30, 8:25 PM

by Anna Spoerre
The Oregonian/OregonLive

The union that represents employees of Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Monday called on Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler to immediately provide law enforcement services to ICE employees.

Attorney Sean Riddell, legal representative for the National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council, sent a letter to the mayor's office Monday requesting a meeting with Wheeler to discuss the hands-off approach Portland police took to the OccupyICEPDX protest.

Demonstrators held a 38-day-long occupation at the facility beginning June 17 in protest to President Donald Trump's immigration policies.

Riddell wrote in the letter that Wheeler's decision created "a zone of terror and lawlessness" and resulted in threats of physical violence and harassment toward ICE employees.

The letter, which was emailed to Wheeler's chief of staff around 7:30 a.m. Monday, said the union would like to avoid federal litigation, but is "prepared to protect our membership and their families."

"The Council and I assert that your current policy forbidding Portland law enforcement agencies from assisting employees of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency ("ICE") who request law enforcement assistance while at or away from work is a violation of the United States Constitution's Equal Protection Clause," Riddell wrote.

The letter went on to reference the 14th Amendment, which guarantees citizens equal protection of the laws.

"Your policy of not providing police services to employees of ICE creates a class of people based upon their source of income," the letter read.

Read the full letter here.

A spokesperson for Wheeler on Monday afternoon said the mayor's legal counsel was reviewing the letter and had no further comment.

On June 20, Wheeler tweeted that he did not want Portland police involved in a conflict between protesters and ICE, adding that he believes the agency is on the wrong track.

While Riddell acknowledges Wheeler's vocal opposition to the Trump administration, "We fail to see why targeting the employees of ICE and leaving them vulnerable to violence, harassment and even death furthers a legitimate government interest," he wrote.

Portland police were involved in the final clearing of the encampment on Wednesday after Wheeler called on occupiers to disband two days prior.

Last week, the Oregonian/OregonLive reported that federal officers at the ICE facility were on the receiving end of hateful and racially-charged language from protesters during the weeks-long occupation.

"We learned a long time ago as a people that it's not appropriate to spit on a vet because we don't agree with the war he or she served in," Riddell said Monday afternoon. "This is analogous and equally unacceptable."

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If they don't agree with President Trump's immigration policies, there's a simple solution: house the illegals in your home. Provide shelter, food, medical and education for them. Wouldn't that be more productive than these childish "protests"? I don't see too many putting their money where their mouth is but then again, convincing mommy and daddy to let Jose and his 8 kids move into the basement with you probably isn't going to go over very well.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post