SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Furloughed + Salary Reduction
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Furloughed + Salary Reduction Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Walmart is hiring 150k nationwide. Kroger is hiring 100k regionally. Amazon is begging for Staff. Several of these companies have also increased wages/issued bonuses. It may not be first choice, but there is work available.

I think some of us are over reacting a bit, but if I have to kill someone for toilet paper I'll let you know.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
I was just notified myself today.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost 80% of my business for at least March, April, May and June. I found out via phone calls from 3 major customers around March 15th......it sucks.....but what can I do. Then the phone calls I've been getting for bits and pieces of business, half of those have fallen apart also as new restrictions keep being put in place in my industry.....it sucks.....I have 1-2 days of work per week.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am self-furloughed. There are always things to do, mostly projects and catch up on sleep. Spending one or two days a week getting my boat ready for west coast salmon season. I have the engine out, fixing a rear main oil seal leak and making some other improvements. I actually appreciate the time off.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I had to lay off my team today. Definitely the worst part of being a manager. No money coming in, can't keep them on.

They will all get to come back when we open back up, but still it's unemployment until then. Sucks

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am essential but like most who are ,my hours are a strict 40. I've never had my expenses set up for more than 40 so it doesn't hurt me. I know many who spend based on OT and it's biting them pretty hard. This will get over and the recovery will be tough and longer than we want, but the new normal will be different to. All one can do is adjust and hang in there. Prayers for you all, John.

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain.

Mrs.BurtonRW,RN and I just closed on our new (old) house on 3/23. There are a lot of projects, but at least a few we need to get done ASAP before we move in.

Yesterday, her employer cut hours by 20% across the board. Patient census over the last month has dropped 50% and they’re trying to avoid layoffs. They say to expect the reduced scheduled through July(!).

She wasn’t extremely happy there anyway, but it’s a bad time to be looking. I think I’m just going to get her set up with a headhunter and find her what she really wants whenever we can.

In the meantime, it’s not going to be any easier paying rent and the new mortgage.

Frown

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I took a reduction in salary today (hopefully temporary but better than the the alternatives).

Other than that, life is sunshine and roses!

Ugh.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
One thing for everyone trying to collect unemployment to be aware of, if your state doesn’t do federal withholding, you will owe income tax on the money you collect. Bit me in the ass once, badly.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I wish I had a salary to be reduced.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for the input. I'm on furlough for a month and they will reevaluate afterwards. I've been job searching hard the last 2-3 months but no luck so far. I'll look at it as a paid vacation with the stimulus $600 on top and just go into super saver mode. Stay safe!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Best friends of ours just took a 15 day furlough no pay and 8% reduction through December. Stinks but beats alternative

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
My last day in my current assignment is tomorrow. I thoroughly expected to be off for an extended period of time and take a pay cut. As luck would have it, I am rolling into a new position on Monday with no salary reduction!

Silly question, "Should I buy a new gun?"

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun Zeke:
I was just notified myself today.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
7% salary cut through the end of this year, plus 6 weeks of furlough.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I’ve had hours reduced 50% and pay reduced by 55% since April 1st and ongoing until elective surgical case load picks up.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a meeting with my boss Friday morning. We’re discussing current and anticipated workflow. 90%+ of my work occurs in the office and we’ve been away for a month. I have a pretty good idea what’s coming...

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post