SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help - Sausage Gravy ? Search Didn't help....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help - Sausage Gravy ? Search Didn't help.... Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Gravy mix from Sam's, a supply of precooked Jimmy Dean's sausage and a small can of Pillsbury Grands for a quick and easy breakfast. It's not the absolute best, but in the fifteen minutes it takes for the biscuits to bake you can warm up just the right amount of sausage and add it to the simmering gravy mix without ginning up a lot of grease. YMMV

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Bob Evans in a bag in your grocer's freezer. Simple as that.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I like to add a dash or two of seasoned salt to my sausage gravy. Gives it just a little something extra. Otherwise pretty standard recipe as posted on page 1.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
OMG - Is it to late to beg for forgiveness from such a learned group for even thinking about canned SG?
I discovered a old cast iron skillet that was stored away from years ago. I re-seasoned it, what a joy to cook in! Brings back memories of my mom using one just like it.

Canned gravy plus abandoned cast iron. That's a lot to confess in one post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best sausage gravy starts with Neese's hot or sage sausage. (No msg or other flavor "enhancers" ) Otherwise the recipe is still flour, milk, & pepper. Homemade buttermilk bisquits required. Big Grin

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post