SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't Often Ask for Advice on Clothing But...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't Often Ask for Advice on Clothing But... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Costco.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akwalker:
I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but I have always been very envious of my wife's pants. Her pants and jeans look and feel like regular pants and jeans, but they stretch in every direction, awesome. The older I get, the more comfortable I want to be, and since the wife will not allow me to wear track pants everywhere I go, I have to wear shorts, jeans, or slacks. I recently discovered that LEE Jeans make a line of pants called Extreme Motion, and these pants stretch almost like my wife's pants. I love them, and they make Jeans, SLacks, and Shorts in this line. Thank You LEE Jeans.

Duluth Double Flex look like regular jeans but flex and stretch a ton.
Most comfortable jeans I have found. A bit pricey but they offer 20% off frequently.
https://www.duluthtrading.com/...lex-jeans-75265.html
Plus when they wear out or get a hole you take them back and get a new pair.

As to the OP Jeans are the last thing I want to wear doing yard work.
I have a ton of the Vertx lightweight pants I wear for yard work, vehicle work, etc.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but I have always been very envious of my wife's pants. Her pants and jeans look and feel like regular pants and jeans, but they stretch in every direction, awesome. The older I get, the more comfortable I want to be, and since the wife will not allow me to wear track pants everywhere I go, I have to wear shorts, jeans, or slacks. I recently discovered that LEE Jeans make a line of pants called Extreme Motion, and these pants stretch almost like my wife's pants. I love them, and they make Jeans, SLacks, and Shorts in this line. Thank You LEE Jeans.

Most comfortable jeans I have found. A bit pricey but they offer 20% off frequently.

I have a ton of the Vertx lightweight pants I wear for yard work, vehicle work, etc.

Even pricier.... BUT... Duluth does offer a line of Made in America jeans.

Cheaper, Made in USA, but I have no experience with: https://www.round-house.com/

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Jeans for working in the yard?

Wal-Mart, Costco, why buy expensive jeans for
getting dirty sweaty and torn up....

Posts: 23447 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thanks all

Wranglers it is - easy to get, relatively cheap because these are going to get used for yard work and get pretty messed up with mesquite oil pretty quick

Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Jeans for working in the yard?

Wal-Mart, Costco, why buy expensive jeans for
getting dirty sweaty and torn up....

Exactly, which is why I go to Good Will. Can't beat $4 work pants with lots of life left in them. When I wear them out I go back and get another $4 pair. (Yes, I'm a cheap ass.)

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Wranglers or Carhartt.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I like Round House jeans. Made in US

Seconded.

Hmmm... I'm gonna have to give those a try.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Dump the laundry on the bed and wear the one on top of the pile. That's what I do.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Whatever's under twenty bucks at Costco.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get mine at Sam's Club.....$12/pair, and they last pretty darn well.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This thread made me realize, I don't wear jeans/denim except as a nicer pair of pants, other times I'm wearing shorts or, outdoor/tactical brands pants.
For jeans, these have become my favorites. Currently on Sale so, might buy another but, several hidden zip-pockets, good stretch and a darker dye make for nice evening or, travel pants.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have a couple a pair of the flex work pants and shorts. But for yard work, I wear their original Fire Hose Work Pants. They are made out of fire hose material, which is essential here in AZ where every growing thing has stickers or thorns of some kind.

They have two sales they run frequently. Free shipping for an order of $50 or more. Free shipping and 20% off for orders of $75 or more. Get on their mailing list (snail mail) and receive these offers regularly. You can pick up a pair of the Fire Hose pants plus a small item to make $75 for that offer.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Costco/Kirkland $11.99 - Perfect for working on stuff. Mess em up and whoops, another $12.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Buy US military BDU’s from thrift stores for yard work; the local goodwill has netted me around 6 pair of woodland camo, a pair of Desert storm tri-color, a pair of Desert Storm chocolate chip Marine desert digi-cam, and a couple of Air Force ABU digital (Air National Guard nearby). They were all around $6-8 apiece, hide stains, and last forever.

I wouldn’t dream of doing yard work in denim. I’ll chainsaw in Carharts, but that’s about the only deviation.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Buy US military BDU’s from thrift stores for yard work; the local goodwill has netted me around 6 pair of woodland camo, a pair of Desert storm tri-color, a pair of Desert Storm chocolate chip Marine desert digi-cam, and a couple of Air Force ABU digital (Air National Guard nearby). They were all around $6-8 apiece, hide stains, and last forever.

I wouldn’t dream of doing yard work in denim. I’ll chainsaw in Carharts, but that’s about the only deviation.

++1

For yard work especially, stuff from thrift stores works great and is cheap. I've found Carhart and Duluth clothing in new condition at thrift stores and it's frankly turned in to my primary choice for most clothing.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Belt loops on Levi's jeans always rip out for me.

I now only purchase Made in the USA jeans.

I switched to at All American 7+ years ago. still wearing a few of the original ones I bought for yard/shop work jeans. For daily wear, they have lasted a long time, and fit well.

May try Diamond Gusset Jeans next.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven’t worn jeans for years, I wear liberty overalls they don’t bind when I bend over plenty of room, I am 6’3 but I wear a 32 length pant leg, plus plenty of pockets and big enough for a pistol.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
been so long since I bought pants...

for a 30 X 32, the second number is inseam right?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post