SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't Often Ask for Advice on Clothing But...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't Often Ask for Advice on Clothing But... Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
but....

most of what I wear are 5.11 branded clothing - slacks and shirts

however I need to buy some 'jeans' for yard work and Levi's are off my list and just wondering what others are buying as a 'jean'

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
LL Bean. Great jeans.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I like Round House jeans. Made in US

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Riggs by Wrangler. Excellent.
Carhartt Carpenter jeans, too. Lots of good pockets.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I'm wearing Lands End jeans purchased 2014-2017. Plus a pair of Covington's c. 2003.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I have been buying my jeans from LL Bean.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
I like the jeans from Old Navy.

JP

Posts: 2041 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Carhartt and Wrangler here.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
How about work pants from Dickies or Duluth. I find those cuts more comfortable than jeans. Also, in this hot climate, denim is too hot.

But on the rare occasions I wear jeans, it is Wranglers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Wrangler 47MWZ are a bit roomier than the 13MWZ Jean's. Excellent for either work or leisure.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
When I wear jeans, it’s Duluth Trading but they’re way too pricey for yard work.

I just wear Champion athletic shorts for yard work (mainly lawn & garden) and if it’s too cold for that then I’m not working.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but I have always been very envious of my wife's pants. Her pants and jeans look and feel like regular pants and jeans, but they stretch in every direction, awesome. The older I get, the more comfortable I want to be, and since the wife will not allow me to wear track pants everywhere I go, I have to wear shorts, jeans, or slacks. I recently discovered that LEE Jeans make a line of pants called Extreme Motion, and these pants stretch almost like my wife's pants. I love them, and they make Jeans, SLacks, and Shorts in this line. Thank You LEE Jeans.

Posts: 28 | Location: MS | Registered: May 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
When I wear jeans, it’s Duluth Trading but they’re way too pricey for yard work.

I just wear Champion athletic shorts for yard work (mainly lawn & garden) and if it’s too cold for that then I’m not working.

Same here, gym shorts of some variety & a tshirt.
Typically mow in sandals after a bad experience of fire ants in the shoes.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Carhartt guy here

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
For casual wear jeans, I buy Duluth Trading Ballroom Jeans. They're pricey, but go on sale several times per year.

For yardwork pants, I wear my oldest and most faded pair of 5.11s. Years ago, my agency briefly issued us pairs of green cotton 5.11 pants, which within a few months of wear faded to a hideous shade of light mint green. Luckily, they bought us new pants shortly thereafter, but I still have a couple pairs of those ugly pants for hard use pants. I think it was a bad dye batch or something.

In your case, I'd probably just go find whatever jeans were the cheapest (while being reasonably comfortable) from Sam's/Costco or Goodwill.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Carhartt and LL Bean.
For yard work, the Carhartt's are the best.
You need to read their measuring instructions for the overalls. 4" larger waist and 2" shorter inseam worked best for me.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Wrangler. Comfortable and inexpensive, and when they start to wear, they get rotated to yard or project work and replaced in the casual inventory. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I like Round House jeans. Made in US

Seconded.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Wranglers, available at your local Wally World.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
LL Bean are really good, but I just buy the $16 Wranglers at Wally World. They are comfortable, hold up well, and last just fine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArtieS,

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post