SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't eat Soylent powder because it may be contaminated with...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't eat Soylent powder because it may be contaminated with... Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
...undeclared milk. Razz

But, seriously, milk allergic folks could have life-threatening reactions.

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Rec...m_source=govdelivery

quote:
Soylent, Los Angeles, CA is voluntarily recalling 890 boxes of Soylent 1.8 Powder, because it may contain undeclared milk. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
It has recently come to our attention that a small amount of whey powder may have been incorporated into one production lot of Soylent 1.8 powder during manufacturing at our third party facility. As a precautionary measure we have halted shipments of Soylent 1.8 powder (SKU: 1WK-V108) with Lot #: G7076PA, Expiration / Best Buy date: 02/2018. The lot information (G7076PA) is printed on the front of the pouch. We are advising our customers to immediately discard any remaining Soylent 1.8 powder in their possession from the lot referenced above.

Our shipping records indicate that we have shipped 890 boxes (containing 7 x 15oz pouches) of this lot to 610 customers. We have started shipping newer lots to customers and do not anticipate an interruption in supply at this time.

No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this issue, and this will not impact future shipments of Powder 1.8.

This voluntary recall is immediately being initiated after it was discovered that the milk-containing product was handled adjacent to the production lines for Soylent 1.8 powder. Subsequent investigation indicated that the potential cross-contact was caused by a temporary breakdown in our 3rd party manufacturer’s production and packaging processes.

As a customer who has purchased this lot (Lot #: G7076PA, Expiration / Best Buy date: 02/2018) of Soylent 1.8 powder, we are offering a full refund or replacement. You may request a refund/replacement at info@soylent.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As you know, transparency is one of our core values and your health and well-being is our number one priority. If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us at info@soylent.com.

We thank you for your understanding and support.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I thought it was people...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Who names their company Soylent?

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the people angle too. I wouldn't eat it cause it's green!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:

Rob Rhinehart.

Check the link. I'm not kidding. He invented it.

Its based in Atlanta.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31420 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. GT student trying to shave time between classes.

Coworkers use it as a smoothie base with fruit. Otherwise fairly tasteless. And not green. Smile

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Nope nope nope...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I saw the movie many years ago. No soylent anything for me... Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I need some new furniture.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Ha-ha!
Balzé Halzé, that's good.

Posts: 7347 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Soylent Green IS people.

Posts: 1728 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:

+1. Given the connotation of the word Soylent, they may just as well have named it Smegma.

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Watch the first seven minutes to see how this stuff is made. Quite scary, no concern for food safety practices at all. With the way they make it I am surprised there isn't a lot more than milk that accidently makes it in there. Skip to 10:30 into the video for when he discovers mold inside of his Soylent. His Soylent had turned to Soylent Green.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this a joke name for the company? Any of us with a little time in this world remember the movie. How is that place allowed to operate? It looks like they bypassed every regulation in the book. Looks more like a cocaine operation.

Posts: 6865 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I watched that video. Good luck getting the French onboard with that.

quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Is this a joke name for the company? Any of us with a little time in this world remember the movie. How is that place allowed to operate? It looks like they bypassed every regulation in the book. Looks more like a cocaine operation.

Since it's not technically food and more a supplement, they are not regulated or inspected by the FDA.

And the name was taken directly from the movie. That was deliberate.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post