SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mounting pistols in a car?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mounting pistols in a car? Login/Join 
in the end karma
always catches up
posted
I tried searching because I know this thread has been around but I couldn’t find it. I like the look of the Alien system but I want to know other options that people have tried and liked.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
the question is reviewed on the jeep forums as well....most posted photos I don't care for yet some are rather creative

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Right behind the grill with a convergence point at 25 yards.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um, the best mount for a firearm in a car is a holster. Your gun can't fall out, you can't forget it and if you are in an accident, it stays with you when the paramedics scoop you up. The only "mount" I've ever found useful was for my shotgun. It stood up on the passenger side and was opened with an electric lock. Now they are mostly mounted on the roof since police cars are equipped with airbags.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Wisdom

If youre on a long car trip and don't want to have a gun digging into you, a maxpedition style bag works, or a shoulder holster

quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
Um, the best mount for a firearm in a car is a holster. Your gun can't fall out, you can't forget it and if you are in an accident, it stays with you when the paramedics scoop you up. The only "mount" I've ever found useful was for my shotgun. It stood up on the passenger side and was opened with an electric lock. Now they are mostly mounted on the roof since police cars are equipped with airbags.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevbo,

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pocket holster secured inside a console with velcro.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
In my 2014 Subaru it came with a compartment in the dash with a hinged lid. My G26 fits there very well. it's just below the radio in the pic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fla. Jim,

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a lot of success with this one:

https://2aholster.com/product/car-holster/

The suction cups are very strong and have lasted several seasons through hot and cold temperature changes.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Make sure you are familiar with any state laws that apply. I know a lot of these mounts may not be legal in all states.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3850 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Madhouse Design. But question how secure the mount would be unless you could find some steel to mount it to. Most interior plastic would seem too flimsy to mount a full size, fully loaded pistol.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I’m a big fan of Gum Creek Customs mounting system that attaches under the steering wheel area!!! Sorry I don’t have any pics but their website is not bad! I have been quite happy with it!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys, I almost always wear it in a holster but that is not always easy to get to.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Make sure you are familiar with any state laws that apply. I know a lot of these mounts may not be legal in all states.
Texas is one.

Open Carry is specifically required to be a belt mounted or shoulder mounted holster.

Therefore, you need to mount the holster so it is concealed (e.g. glove box or center console storage compartment w/ lid).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23248 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
magnet

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Always a fan of the idea of a kingston holster by desnatis. Techincally concealed by your legs but easy access. I have the holster never got the strap to try it though.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

I prefer the dash mount...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post