SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need advice: alternative to Facebook for hosting a church live video feed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice: alternative to Facebook for hosting a church live video feed Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
We have a good friend who is pastor of a small church in Maui where we used to live. He is a strong conservative and Trump supporter. I asked him if his church would consider leaving Facebook, now the only host on which one can watch their Sunday service live.

He told me he would LOVE to leave FB, and asked me for help finding another host for them.

Particularly in light of our consensus on the evils of Facebook and YouTube, what would you recommend we try?

Thanks in advance, I know you guys will have the answer.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Cisco WebEx

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Tell me more!

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
We recently started live broadcasts on our own YouTube channel. Seems to be working fine.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been on Livestream video meetings, there might be a small monthly fee for the video source.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they have a live stream service, but my church uploads all service videos to Vimeo. Lots of churches do.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Webex is a hard no. I've been using it for a year and it is terrible. Zoom is much better in my opinion.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My church uses both FB and LiveStream and have been for years.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Vimeo does have a live stream service. Any other thoughts on Vimeo? Anyone dealt with that service?

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
My church uses facebook and vimeo to stream.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My church uses FB and YT, but also a live stream using https://www.churchstreaming.tv/.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post