SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A boy and his dog!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A boy and his dog!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted

Molly came to stay with us 2 weeks ago tomorrow to see how things would go because she needed a new home.

It’s likely pretty safe to say that she is here to stay. She has fallen right in with ease.

Almost feel like we cheated. I have always gotten dogs as puppies.
Molly will be 3 in January and she is extremely well behaved. House broken, has the run of the house when we are gone and bothers nothing. Is fantastic with our boys and already quite protective and possessive of them.
No need for a leash as she just hangs around. When you do take her for a walk she is very good on a leash, she is a sniffer though.
It was an argument each night as to whose room she would be in for bed time so we have come up with a rotation.

All 3 boys wake up and ask where is Molly first thing. They fight over who gets to feed her (we’ll see how long that lasts).
I get up about 5 to take her on a walk and currently enjoy a nice morning walk in the 60s. The cold weather is about to hit so that will be less enjoyable but will still enjoy walking while it is quiet and dark.

It’s been a long 4 years with no dog but pretty sure we lucked into a winner with Molly.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Thanks for giving Molly a good home. I’m certain she will repay your love a thousand-fold and it appears your kids have a new best friend.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Looks like you will ALL have a happy home.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was an argument each night as to whose room she would be in for bed time so we have come up with a rotation.
Can I tell ya where that's heading? Wife hated it but me and my son loved adopting a pair of rescue dogs. Great that Molly is working out so well. I'm sure she'll warm nicely to the new adoption. And much like guns, two dogs are always better than one. Smile Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your posts have always led me to believe that you are a pretty good guy, now I know it. wonderful news!! Glad you got lucky with Molly!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
HEAVEN right there.

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That's outstanding! Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That photo is the look of pure joy! Congrats to you and your family on adopting a winner!

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Fantastic to hear. Best of luck with the new pooch.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Can I tell ya where that's heading? Wife hated it but me and my son loved adopting a pair of rescue dogs. Great that Molly is working out so well. I'm sure she'll warm nicely to the new adoption. And much like guns, two dogs are always better than one. Smile Wink

Not a chance in the world. Did the 2 dog thing once not the good option as I had thought.

quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Your posts have always led me to believe that you are a pretty good guy, now I know it. wonderful news!! Glad you got lucky with Molly!!

At least I have one person fooled Razz

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That picture is pure gold.

Congratulations, I am glad it is working out.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
WIN !!! ... Molly is lucky girl. She hit the jackpot Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

Not a chance in the world. Did the 2 dog thing once not the good option as I had thought.

Hey, you gave one good dog another chance which is absolutely great. If a second dog isn't in the cards, it doesn't distract one bit from the good you did (and are doing) with Molly.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Thats awesome, really happy for both of you!

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
I love happy endings er beginnings.
God Bless All!

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Who adopted who?
Molly seems to enjoy being a mentor and co-conspirator to your kids.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
After opening this thread I was really glad it wasn't something about the 1975 Don Johnson movie and instead a touching note about a young child and his family dog.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
That’s the best stuff right there!!!!

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great photo. Thanks for the update as I was wondering how the transition was going and couldn't find your original thread. (My search skills failed me)
Anyway glad to see it's going well as I expected.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Great news. It seems Molly won the doggie lottery, as did your family. I am right there with your comment on walking a dog in the predawn hours. One of life's simple pleasures, even when it's cold or raining.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post