SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A boy and his dog!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A boy and his dog!! Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Good deal Jeremy. I’m glad that Molly worked out for you. Awesome picture.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Molly and your family for creating a loving & "Forever" Home.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s likely pretty safe to say that she is here to stay. She has fallen right in with ease.

Excellent! Your boy and his dog both look very happy in that pic.
Both you and Molly are lucky critters.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24070 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
They fight over who gets to feed her
I bet they are not fighting over who gets to clean up after her outside! Cool

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Good for you and your boys.

Boys need a dog, and it looks like you got a great one.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update and photo, that did the heart good, I love hearing stories like this. God bless Molly and your family for giving her a wonderful home Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, this seems like a win, win, win, win, win, and win. The three boys, Molly, mom, and dad. Congrats on the new family member.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
They fight over who gets to feed her
I bet they are not fighting over who gets to clean up after her outside! Cool

Oldest boy has actually asked to do it. He is still a bit young. It would be a complete mess if he did it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Glad you were willing to give a “used” dog a chance. We’ve had a couple ourselves and are much better for having done so. Hope Molly has many happy years with your family.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Great story and thanks for taking her in!

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your Molly dog sounds like an instant reply for our family. About 8 yrs ago, my 10 yr old granddaughter went with me to pick out a dog from the animal shelter. She ignored all the frisky playful puppies and chose a 90 pound big black dog that was quietly laying on her bed in her cell. She insisted her name had to be Molly and we headed home.

Our Molly dog has been just like yours - free roaming all over the house and definitely house-broke. She took to the leash as if she was born with it. you could leave a nice steak (raw or cooked) on the kitchen counter and leave the house for hours. She would never touch it. She is not an aggressive animal, but will defensively defend the house and all occupants in it.

Fast-forward 8 yrs and Molly is now much like me - much older and moving more slowly, but still full of life. To be so loved by an animal, (thru no fault of my own!), is a humbling experience. I have heard men say they would like to be the man their dog thinks they are. I would go a step forward and say I would like to be as dignified, loyal, and dependable as my Molly dog has been.

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Excellent Southern Rebel!
We are on our third and most likely (at my age and with my health issues) our last pup.
Katie is now 3 1/2 and a real hunter, but is my and the wife's best friend. We could not love her more and I think it is ditto from her.

Black92LV thanks for homing your new pup!
Seems a match that was meant to be.
Best wishes to all of you!

Thanks for the post.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post