SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jesus ‘wouldn’t be riding a donkey’: Televangelist says God told him he needs $54M private plane
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Jesus ‘wouldn’t be riding a donkey’: Televangelist says God told him he needs $54M private plane Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're not starting anywhere. What you're going to do is take a step back and recall that I don't have to take crap from you or anyone else in this forum.

I have spent my adult life in meditation on these things and you can disagree with my point of view, but you watch your fucking tone with me.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Bible is allegory. This is lost on most people, which is how we get people handling snakes in religious ceremonies. God has never "spoken" to any man. Only self-absorbed humans could conceive of such a thing; in all the vastness of this universe, God is speaking directly to you, you little gnat? Hardly.

At the Last Supper, when Jesus gave the disciples wine and said "this is my blood" and gave them bread and said "this is my body", should his words be taken literally?

While the lessons and meaning are taught through allegory and parables for those of us who believe the thoughts, meanings, and lessons, behind these allegories and parables have to come from somewhere and that is from God himself.
Yes, the scriptures are written by man but they certainly did not all come to be by chance.
Certainly there are those that feel differently. So we will have to agree to disagree.

I will agree that God likely does not speak to people in general form of conversation any longer (especially to the types of people that are highlighted in the article the thread is about) as we now have a go between with the Holy Spirit I certainly believe that he can put us on the right path by feelings we have.
But it is also God and if he wanted to speak directly I would not put it past Him either.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Bible is allegory. This is lost on most people, which is how we get people handling snakes in religious ceremonies. God has never "spoken" to any man. Only self-absorbed humans could conceive of such a thing; in all the vastness of this universe, God is speaking directly to you, you little gnat? Hardly.

At the Last Supper, when Jesus gave the disciples wine and said "this is my blood" and gave them bread and said "this is my body", should his words be taken literally?

I don't know where to start.

You are about as wrong as you can be.

You don't seem to understand anything of the Bible.

----------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't say he's wrong. He's stating opinions as if they're facts, and I, and apparently you, couldn't disagree more.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, congratulations. You've managed to get this thread locked.

What I say or choose not to say in this forum is my business, and you guys had better figure out that for as long as I inhabit this forum, I will speak my mind most freely, and if you wish to disagree with me, then state your case, but remember that I don't have to take any lip.

And Keystoner, for you, I'd add that you should learn to let sleeping dogs lie. You stuck your nose in the middle of something you could have and should have left alone.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post