SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jesus ‘wouldn’t be riding a donkey’: Televangelist says God told him he needs $54M private plane
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Jesus ‘wouldn’t be riding a donkey’: Televangelist says God told him he needs $54M private plane Login/Join 
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Netjets is the Uber of the air; best the Good Pastor sell the 3 beaters and pay per flight hour.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Report This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
quote:
Duplantis told his followers that God told him, "I want you to believe in me for a Falcon 7X."

I wonder why God chose a French airplane? Why not Gulfstream? Just saying...

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
If all the stories in the bible are true, if God really did speak to him I doubt God said anything about a Falcon Jet.

Maybe the good reverend heard "Laurel" instead...........

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Any time someone tells you that God spoke to them, you're dealing with a charlatan.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Christ rode a donkey not because He had no other option. This preacher fundamentally misunderstands his Lord.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
Should we take bets on whether or not he actually gets the money? I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
It amazes me there are still people that fall for televangelists and their ilk.

quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
It is true he would not be riding a donkey. He'd be riding a T-Rex.

Impossible, for good reason...

Wink

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Any time someone tells you that God spoke to them, you're dealing with a charlatan.

Even Robert “God is like a Coke machine” Tilton?

Posts: 12179 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Report This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
As a private banker, I made a good living charging ~1% for assets under management, for a small number of individuals

Pastors can reap 10% of the income from a larger number of people. Clearly, I went into the wrong business!

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Report This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Vehemently disagree.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I stand by my statement. Anyone who thinks they hear God speaking to them is insane. Anyone who claims to have been spoken to by God is a con man of the first order.

It's funny, isn't it, that God speaks to these religious con men only when it is to their benefit? Oral Roberts, Jessie Duplantis- these guys are con men and liars. Charlatans. Intelligence-insulting charlatans at that.

Oral needed a new temple, Jessie needs a new jet. Isn't it funny that God never says "Give up these Earthly things, for they are not of My Kingdom"?

It's a puzzler, ain't it?

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Christ rode a donkey not because He had no other option. This preacher fundamentally misunderstands his Lord.

Jesus rode a specific donkey, a never before saddled donkey, as a symbol of humility and sinlessness. He certainly could have ridden a horse, a camel, etc. He did ride on boats from time to time so he certainly used modern transportation of the day.

We should always think twice about declaring what Jesus would do.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
Should we take bets on whether or not he actually gets the money? I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he already has it squirreled away somewhere.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Duplantis told his followers that God told him, "I want you to believe in me for a Falcon 7X."

And just how stupid are his followers? Answer: They are THAT stupid.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the Bentley to get him to the plane.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
At least he is being honest about why he wants the money.
If people are silly enough to give it to him that is on them. He is scamming no one.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
And just how stupid are his followers? Answer: They are THAT stupid.
I don't think that's fair. These are mostly elderly people, some of them very lonely. They need to belong to something. They need to believe that at the end of their life, they are not just dust. They need to believe that they will be walking streets of gold and will be in the company of their savior, Jesus Christ, for all eternity.

You can call them naive. You can even call them desperate, and statistically, yes, there are going to be sub-100 IQ people among their group, but to condemn Christians for wanting to believe in the gospel but who have ended up in the clutches of a con man is not fair.

Just what exactly do you think faith is all about?

Most of these people have followed Jessie Duplantis for many, many years. You expect them to shatter their world over something like this? Their reaction- for the most part- will be to rationalize this as the will of God, but that doesn't make them stupid. It makes them faithful believers. It makes them devoted. Could you unravel your own world with one bad or questionable thing out of the universe of joy that true belief can bestow? It's just not that simple.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
We should always think twice about declaring what Jesus would do.

Agreed. We should worry more about what Jesus told us to do.

As far as Jesse Duplantis, Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Copeland, Jim Bakker and the rest of the prosperity gospel hucksters go, it should come as no surprise that their pews are filled with the willfully decieved that all but throw mony at them, who want to believe that Christ's sacrafice was meant to make them wealthy. Paul warned Timothy it would happen.

quote:

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people. They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

2 Timothy 3:1-9

and

In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

2 Timothy 4:1-4

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
Netjets is the Uber of the air; best the Good Pastor sell the 3 beaters and pay per flight hour.
But then he might have to WAIT for NETJETS to arrive when he hears the LORD speak to him about flying somewhere in the world at this instant! Think of all the people who might die if he doens’t OBEY immediately! That just isn’t Christian!

This guy and his like are con men of the highest order. Complete and utter theives. And the people who give them money are mindless drones.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Rhino, is there anything that you're not cynical about?