SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    refurb laptops, lenovo vs dell, opinions?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

refurb laptops, lenovo vs dell, opinions? Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I've bought 3 Dell Latitude laptops in the last couple years. all run Win7 and I've had zero problems. I usually buy from newegg or US Micro and use these mainly for simple things like surfing and email. I like to keep one where I spend time and at $200 ea may as well keep a puter in one place rather than moving them around.

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I've been using a refurbished AMD powered, HP from Best Buy for 5 years now. Best laptop I've ever used with Windows 7.

Tried the free "upgrade" to windows 10, and it became unuseable. The cursor jumped all over the place randomly, scrollpad didn't work. Every time you get the cursor near the edge of the screen, some kinda cortana shit popped out. If you tried to move the cursor more than an inch at a time the right-click menu randomly popped up.

Had to pay for a new retail copy of Windows 7. The old copy wouldn't work any more. As per 'Abhinav' at microshaft, after I took the free upgrade, my old windows 7 key became a Windows 10 key and wouldn't pass "authentication" when used on a Windows 7 reinstall.

After paying the microshaft extortion fee for another copy/key for Windows 7 professional , it runs like a Swiss clock.

I hope an asteroid crashes through the roof and hits bill Gates right in the mouth!

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I use nothing but Lenovo laptops. I just picked up a T530 love it. I swapped out the hard drive with a new ssd and added 8gig of memory.. It's a fast and easy way to go

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
I use nothing but Lenovo laptops. I just picked up a T530 love it. I swapped out the hard drive with a new ssd and added 8gig of memory.. It's a fast and easy way to go

that is basically what they have

if it is there in the AM, I'll be bringing it home with me

at $329 (and I may ask if that is negotiable) and provided the screen etc passes inspection, it's a good deal comparing to the Lenovo refurb site

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post