SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our porches are falling apart
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our porches are falling apart Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Well, the friend kind of went a little overboard. He showed up when we weren't home and did some things that we disagreed with. This caused him to tell me "your wife is controlling you. That would be the day I'd let a woman tell me what to do".

He also bought materials that didn't work out. I'm going to pay him for them along with his time (which apparently include 2000 smoke breaks) and tell him to hit the road.

He also gave bad advice concerning the timing of getting a permit so I had to get the city involved and they were kind and understanding about it.

Don't ask friends to work for you, it's hard to treat them like a hired business and communication is often misunderstood.

Regardless of all the negatives, I filled in the broken sidewalk with topsoil and planted some grass. It's a terrible time to plant grass but hopefully I'll get it to come up.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post