SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Watchcon Level ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watchcon Level ?? Login/Join 
posted
How does one find the Watchcon level at any given time? Available to civilians?

Posts: 691 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Think you mean DEFCON.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Watchcon?

Oh, they're out there.

Yes, civilians are welcome.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Ohhh, crap!! Is it time? Have we been compromised??
Red rubber baby buggy bumper, red rubber baby buggy bumper!!! Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to get told what DEFCON level we were at every night. At SAC Security Police Guard Mount.
I am not certain they use it anymore.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The Homeland Security Advisory System has been stuck somewhere between "stock up on duct tape" (level mauve) and "snow is coming, buy all the break and milk" (level fuschia) for years. It keeps the money flowing into TSA so they can redevelop programs each year to more professionally fondle your junk every time you fly.

As for DEFCON, I think Rumsfeld set it at three during the El Diablo admin and left office with the keys to the switch cabinet.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
If you mean DEFCON we are currently at DEFCON 5.

You can find it online. Now if that changes will it be instant public knowledge I don't know.

This was more of a thing during the Cold World. Current threats are a little different then what they where when this system was developed.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
It's more of a color system now. Mauve, Taupe, Pink, Fushia, Purple.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
North Koreans had one of their missle thingys go boom tonight. I wonder did we do that? Cool

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I can tell you its 2:30 minutes to midnight.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
It's more of a color system now. Mauve, Taupe, Pink, Fushia, Purple.

You forgot Plaid. If we hit Plaid, we are all doomed!

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Enjoy!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/gEDpTidAPwU

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Watchcon starts tomorrow.
https://www.baselworld.com/en-US.aspx

and this willing dupe has been eagerly waiting.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
If you're talking about the Doomsday Clock,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

It's 11:57.30

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got one of those Civil Alert Warnings for Polk County Iowa the other night on my cell phone!
Then about 15 minutes later got another, but never any followup? Phone had a loud blare, and screen was orange banded!

Maybe a ditch fire got out of control and NORAD or whatever it is picked it up on a satellite?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
The Homeland Security Advisory System has been stuck somewhere between "stock up on duct tape" (level mauve) and "snow is coming, buy all the break and milk" (level fuschia) for years.

Spit out a little coffee with that one this morning, thanks.

Yet another Baby Bush inspired big government joke.

"Oh! It's only a yellow today. Maybe I won't go to the mall." Roll Eyes

I wonder how many millions/billions this ridiculous color system has cost us.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post