SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dealing with anti-fascist protesters, Italian style
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dealing with anti-fascist protesters, Italian style Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Are there hickory trees in Italy?

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Thanks that was a great thing to watch
Almost like "Pepper Balls"

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent quite a bit of time with the Carabinieri on joint patrol. At this time in history, the cops were dealing with some fine folks who called themselves Brigata Rosso. The Red Brigade. I never saw any Italian give the cops even the least little bit of shit.
Example:
Cruising around a traffic circle near the Austrian border, I could not help but notice an Alfa Romeo (think Italian Crown Vic) parked in the middle of the circle. Two dudes in civilian clothes were watching me make the circle. As I exited, they jumped in the Alfa, and lit up some concealed blue lights to chase me down. Both got out and approached my car. One very serious looking member of the team had an MP-5 and kept it on me. An English speaking dude flashed ID and told me they were Italian Treasury Police. They wanted to know how much Italian money I had in my possession. I asked if I was being robbed, as American cops had little interest in my cash. Wrong question! This pissed off the dude and he informed me that Italy had strict laws about removing money from the country and if I had over the set limit and did not surrender it, I would be immediately arrested. I bitched some more but when cuffs were flashed, I decided discretion was the better part of valor. I was given a receipt for my Lira, told to take it to my local bank and they would return my money. Which I thought was bullshit. When I got back to Aviano, I went to the bank and they reimbursed me. It was legit! And had I resisted the process, I have no doubt I would have been the worse for wear.
Later, Sophia Loren was arrested and jailed for removing too much Lira from the country. And Italy treats her like royalty. Since the Euro is now used. I would guess these currency laws are no longer valid.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
When will people get the spine to let police here do this?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
I’d like to see that with music from the Glenn Miller Orchestra.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
Taggart would be proud, the Ole' Number 6!

LOL! Waitin' for video from the Number 6 dance, later on....

This is a family channel, the dance is on Pay-per-view.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
The Roman Phalanxes seemed more disciplined and lethal in the good old days.

Well, they were Romans, and we saw what happened to those guys. They ended up a bunch of Italians!

Lol!.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I fully approve this police tactic in response to bricks/rocks, explosives, etc being thrown by anti first amendment (more honest definition of AntiFA) protestors thugs.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Nothin' wrong with a little antifa whack-a-mole

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post