SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fried Chicken Gizzards (aka (for some): fried rubber bands)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fried Chicken Gizzards (aka (for some): fried rubber bands) Login/Join 
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend loves livers. I don't eat guts I like breast

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love fried gizzards a lot!! I grew up eating them, and had to fight my brother for them. Now, I go and buy a pint or two and then pressure cook them for 30 minutes, followed by frying them after a good breading.....yum!! They are not healthy, but anything that tastes good is not healthy.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was in Memphis last week and went to the Belmont Grill. They take a chicken liver, add a water chestnut, wrap it in bacon and then fry it. So good. They also have quite possibly the best fried okra I have ever had.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hearts and gizzards are something I eat that the wife just shakes her head about. We have a restaurant called Stroud's that does pan fried chicken and crackling gravy. They do their service family style with the potatoes and green beans, but the plate of gizzards is 2 pounds. That'll make your jaws tired if you can eat it all. (I can't btw)

Posts: 19 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mother made use of it all. I loved the chicken gizzards breaded and fried. Hearts and livers were cooked with the rice in the pan under the chickens she was baking.
Our favorite was the neck.... my brothers and I would fight over who got to gnaw on the neck bone.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
God I love chicken livers (my chopped liver especially), hearts, and gizzards. I make a slow simmered gizzard (and hearts too at times) onion soup, that has changed a lot of minds.... Nothing rubbery here, super rich, deep flavor, with a French onion type base, and incredibly tender bits of meat. Damn, gonna have to make a pot soon with these cooler temps moving in.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post