SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Culvers is the Chick-Fil-A of hamburgers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Culvers is the Chick-Fil-A of hamburgers Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
We have a couple of them around here, and they are always good. You are right, that the pork tenderloin sandwich is really good. So is the Reuben.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We eat there at least once a month or more. The atmosphere and staff is much better than the typical fast food restaurant. I like it even more than Chik-Fil-A.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
KANE CHARLEY 6
posted Hide Post
Best fish and chips in Utah

OLDUtahskibum

Posts: 203 | Location: Sandy,UT (Greatest snow on earth) | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We were vacationing on the Gulf last Spring and ran into one just opening in Foley, Alabama.

All of the help were trained and busting ass to make the food and the service just as good as in Sauk City, Wisconsin.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid the one by me must be an exception. The service is terrible, and the food is average at best.

The fish sandwich was a disgusting mushy mess.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, when I was on Atkins those tasty burgers helped me loss weight.
Around Milwaukee they were fast, clean and friendly.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HJrocket:
Best fish and chips in Utah

Best fish and chips in Utah might be at Murphy's Irish Pub in downtown SLC. They're damn good. (Or at least were in ~2009ish, when I was there doing some training with the Utah State Police.)

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
That "one" for South Dakota is here in Rapid City. Yup, good stuff! Big Grin

UPDATE: Just looked up their map... there are 16 Culvers in SD now. Rapid City was simply the first.

No Chick-Fil-A here yet though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We have trouble choosing between Culver’s and Whataburger when in Destin.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
They just opened one not too far from me in Braselton. It’s great. Rogue’s map is old though. There’s about 20 in Georgia now. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3960 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've been to 3 of the 12 in Colorado.

Posts: 7518 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Discovered them on vacation in the Dells. We'd been swimming in late September (mistake in WI) and pulled in to get warm. The fish and chips are fantastic, and the cement mixers are fantastic! I rarely get to go , though, because there is little there I am actually allowed to eat. Gotta sneak it!

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Yup, love their burgers, fries, onion rings and frozen custard.

I noticed them starting to pop up here in Southern Arizona. At the same time, another chain, Freddy's, started appearing close to Culvers locations. They also do a good burger and the frozen custard thing.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2835 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info on Culvers, never heard of them . Did online search and their is one only about 50 miles away in Wake Forest, NC. Every so often we shop in the area and we will take note of hours of operation and plan on stopping in for a meal.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
They're one of the few burger joints where you can still get a malt at anymore.

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just wish they served Coke products to wash them down. But that’ a very minor complaint.

I am also a Coke guy, buy have you tried Culver's root beer? It's some good stuff! Normally I try to stick to water (to protect my delicate figure Big Grin), but they have a way of tempting me that I usually can't resist!

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them but found out there is one about 7 miles from casa. Will check it out on Thursday.

Posts: 5299 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
We have 3 in the Houston area and about 15 years ago my coworkers always raved about their butter burgers.

Soon after hearing about that, one of them opened up 2 miles from Dad in the Upper Midwest. Turns out their fried chicken was even better than their butter burger.

Last time I was home, I was hungry for fried chicken and mentioned Culver's. Dad didn't want to go and said that the fried chicken had changed for the worse. Just checked their menu, and they don't even have fried chicken on menu anymore (just chicken tenders).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Culver’s is the only burger joint I ever go to. I love their butter burgers and fries. As mentioned excellent RootBeer as well.

I go to Chick-Fil-A a couple times a year and to be honest it's mostly because of their politics and great service. I know I'm the only person who isn't over the top in love with their food. I probably need to eat it more often and try something different every time to find something that appeals to me.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
We have a couple of them around here, and they are always good. You are right, that the pork tenderloin sandwich is really good. So is the Reuben.

You are correct, sir, the Reuben is also fantastic. They used to have a Pot Roast sandwich that was absolutely amazing, but sadly it's no longer on their menu.

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post