SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Culvers is the Chick-Fil-A of hamburgers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Culvers is the Chick-Fil-A of hamburgers Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted
So, I've been kinda grouchy lately, so I figured it was about time I shared a good story. I hit up the local Culvers drive-through last night at work because I was starving by 9:00. I try not to eat there too much, because I know it's not really healthy for me, but they do make a killer pork tenderloin sandwich that I get a craving for every now and then.

Culver's employs top-notch employees. They are always friendly, helpful, clean, and well-dressed. It's pretty much one of the only fast food places where I haven't arrested a good portion of the staff at one-time or another, and I feel like I can go there in uniform without having to worry about them doing anything to my food.

Well last night, I placed my order then pulled forward to wait on my food. The young man came to my car with a bag, went to hand it to me, and realized it was the wrong number. He politely asked me to wait a minute and ran back inside. He returned with two gift certificates, one for a free desert and another for a free value basket. He told me they'd accidentally mixed up my order, they were fixing it now, and would have it out in a few minutes.

Honestly if he hadn't said anything, they likely would have had it done in a minute or two, and I probably never would have known. They went above and beyond to fix a minor mistake that I wouldn't have even bothered to complain about, and did so proactively and professionally.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Any idea who owns Culvers?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Culvers is great! The service is top notch - and oh boy - Butter Burgers!!!

The Tenderloin is awesome too... And good frozen custard!

Culvers is still family owned - by the Culver family Smile

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Any idea who owns Culvers?

The chain began expanding rapidly in the mid-1990s, and its sales have grown at a rate far outpacing the industry average. The company is owned and managed by Craig Culver and his family. Craig Culver started the restaurant chain that bears his name in 1984.

The old el linko

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them.

Around here we have:

Habit Burger
Five Guys
Elevation Burger
Wayback Burgers

I'm sure I've missed a few.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Never heard of them.

They're primarily a northern Midwest chain. Started in Wisconsin. Most prevalent in Wisconsin and Illinois, and eastern Iowa and Missouri, from what I've seen.

Definitely a step above the usual fast food burger joint. It's one of the few fast food joints that I don't mind stopping at occasionally, when I'm in an area where they're available.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We have one in Cheyenne. Agree, the food’s good and the service is on a par with CFA

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have two in the Upstate of SC. Their frozen custard is pretty good.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
We eat there weekly after swim lessons.
Good variety of tasty food and the boys love the Custard with the kids meal.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
We have a few here and have been a few times with zero complaints. Awesome burgers, onion rings and those fried cheese curds. Yummm. I wish I could go more but I'm already fat and Winter is coming

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try their new Pub Burger. It's great. Pretzel bun, cheddar cheese, secret sauce, bacon. Outstanding.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+++ For Culvers.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I discovered Culvers in Kansas City about 6 years ago. They have been here in GA for the past few.

Burgers are top-notch and the custard.... ooooh, the custard!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Try their new Pub Burger. It's great. Pretzel bun, cheddar cheese, secret sauce, bacon. Outstanding.

Don’t forget to leave the pickled onions off! Yuck!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

They're primarily a northern Midwest chain.
Orlando FL area, too.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Looks like they're mostly concentrated in WI and IL, with quite a few in MI, MN, IA, IN, MO, AZ, and FL, and a smattering in several other states.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I like their burgers. We have a couple not far from us in the Orlando area.

Also like their banana split. They're pretty popular in the midwest.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'll have to try them. I have two near my location, in fact one of them I know I have passed by multiple times.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Culver’s is awesome. Almost as good as Chick-Fil-A. The Pub burger on a pretzel bun is sooooooo good! I just wish they served Coke products to wash them down. But that’ a very minor complaint.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post