SIGforum
Culvers is the Chick-Fil-A of hamburgers

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2170038364

December 02, 2019, 09:37 PM
Modern Day Savage
Culvers is the Chick-Fil-A of hamburgers
Both the dining area and the bathrooms are clean, the workers are generally high school or college-aged, but have been well trained and seem to be naturally friendly, courteous, and helpful with lots of smiles. They often greet you when you enter, and almost always say good night or thank you for coming in when you leave...so I definitely agree with the Chick-Fil-A comparison.

They are usually crowded at meal time, and one of our local ones holds monthly events with a local car club, and so you can often go eat while checking out some really cool old Hot Rods.

Of the menu items I've tried my favorite is the Pub Burger, and all the variations they've had of it over the years, but their Butter Burgers rock...and even their BBQ sandwich and Pot Roast are pretty darned good...and we look forward to the Wall-Eye sandwich or dinner when the limited release is available before Easter...about the only item I don't care for on their menu are their bland cafeteria french fries...I recommend you go with the cheese curds or the buffalo chicken tenders. Their chili is so-so, not great not terrible.

Love the coupons they send to our mail box each month...especially the BOGO on the Double Butter Burger!

I live within minutes of one and we used to eat there regularly and the only reason we don't now is both to save money and to also try to lose some weight...but it is a treat to go there now.
December 02, 2019, 09:41 PM
SigFan
We like Culver’s almost as much as Freddy’s. The cheese curds, chicken sandwiches, and salads at Culver’s are excellent (everything is really good). But Freddy’s burgers and dogs and fries beat them out slightly. Since January, been on WW, so haven’t eaten there in a while except for an occasional salad. Our Culver’s is also staffed by friendly, polite people who seem to like their jobs. Refreshing! Love Chik-Fil-A also!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)
December 02, 2019, 09:45 PM
zoom6zoom
Not around here. I could really go for a good port T sandwich; the little Kansas town I used to live in had a hole in the wall place on the town square that did an amazing one. And it was huge and juicy, hanging way off the bun on both sides.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
December 02, 2019, 10:05 PM
Snake207
They just opened up one right near me - I'll have to try them out soon.

December 02, 2019, 10:59 PM
Beancooker
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Try their new Pub Burger. It's great. Pretzel bun, cheddar cheese, secret sauce, bacon. Outstanding.

Don’t forget to leave the pickled onions off! Yuck!

Black,
Pickled onions are the best. Made some this past weekend. I’ll eat them just as they are, without anything else. Just straight out of the jar with a fork.

2 cup water
1cup vinegar
1/2cup sugar
Two star anise
Two bay leaf
Teaspoon peppercorn

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
December 02, 2019, 11:55 PM
shovelhead
They also offer a Senior discount. I was unaware of that until a counterperson said one night “I don’t want to offend but you might qualify for a Senior discount, are you over 55?”

I replied “No offense taken and I’m way over 55”

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
December 02, 2019, 11:57 PM
GWbiker
Culvers has great burgers, but Freddies has the edge on music - '50's original oldies.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".
December 03, 2019, 01:10 AM
ruger357
There's anew one here in Hoover (suburb of Birmingham). Haven't tried it yet.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
December 03, 2019, 04:49 AM
C-Dubs
"A better brand of beef makes a butter burger better"
I remember trying to say that 5 times as fast as I could after I first saw the commercials.

Being in WI, Culver's are plentiful. In fact, there are 3 of them within 6 miles of my front door.

They're pricy compared to some others in the area (still far lower than Five Guys pricing), but their food and service are much better than other comparables in the area.

Often happens that I'll be passing one, and see the sign flash the flavor of the day, and next thing you know, I'm sitting in the drive-thru lane and placing my order, and what goes better with the flavor of the day than some curds?

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
December 03, 2019, 07:18 AM
KMitch200
Bacon bleu salad (it’s topped with grilled chicken breast) with raspberry vinegarette dressing is my standard order.
I make better burgers at home but when I don’t feel like cooking, hell yeah!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
December 03, 2019, 09:43 AM
Warhorse
They also have excellent soups, one of my favorite ones is wild rice and chicken.

December 03, 2019, 10:14 AM
357fuzz
Got two around here. Good stuff w/ good staff. Never been disappointed. I do like Five Guys used to have one around here but, it didn’t last. Freddy’s is good along w/ Smash Burger however, I think Culver’s edges them out.
December 03, 2019, 11:19 AM
Perception
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
We have a couple of them around here, and they are always good. You are right, that the pork tenderloin sandwich is really good. So is the Reuben.

You are correct, sir, the Reuben is also fantastic. They used to have a Pot Roast sandwich that was absolutely amazing, but sadly it's no longer on their menu.

Best fast food Reuben I've ever had. Better than most Reubens I've had in non fast food restaurants too.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."
December 03, 2019, 11:21 AM
bendable
second best burger in a 30 mile radius ,
( we make'em better at home)

biggest and only bitch is,
They have the best coleslaw in a 30 mile radius,
BUT !
you have to call 2 days in advance to get a quart made up , for pick up Mad

so just swinging by to get a quart of coleslaw is not an option .

other than that
some customers do not know how to wit in their car for their order,

they may pull away from the window , but they refuse to go all the way out too the last waiting space Roll Eyes

so I just pull around them and back up too their front bumper. then I ! get the roll eyes

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
December 03, 2019, 11:40 AM
bald1
Bendable,

Make your own cole slaw. Pick up a bag or two of cole slaw precut cabbage mix at the supermarket and make your own dressing. This stuff is great. We use more vinegar and celery seed than that called for here and much prefer using honey. Like most recipes, tweak to suit your tastes. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
December 03, 2019, 12:25 PM
trapper189
I had the walleye dinner once and it was fantastic. I haven't had fried fish that good since I lived in Wisconsin. We've been spending two months each summer in the far northern part of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan for the last 11 years and have yet to find good fried fish.

Culver's burgers are ok. I've only been to Whataburger twice, but they were the best fast food burgers I've ever had.
December 03, 2019, 07:37 PM
1s1k
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I had the walleye dinner once and it was fantastic. I haven't had fried fish that good since I lived in Wisconsin. We've been spending two months each summer in the far northern part of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan for the last 11 years and have yet to find good fried fish.

Culver's burgers are ok. I've only been to Whataburger twice, but they were the best fast food burgers I've ever had.
I had that once and I really enjoyed it also. Is that a regular menu item or is it just for lent?
December 03, 2019, 09:34 PM
mikeyspizza
Never heard of then but GoogleFu shows 3 in my area. Their menu doesn't show prices, which gives me pause. But, next time I'm near one at eating time I'll at least go in to see what they're hiding, and decide from there.
December 03, 2019, 10:56 PM
Modern Day Savage
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

I had that once and I really enjoyed it also. Is that a regular menu item or is it just for lent?

Locally, it is a limited offer for Lent.