SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gunshots opening day of archery season?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunshots opening day of archery season? Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted
It's opening day of archery season here in Georgia and there has been a constant barrage of gunfire (1 shot every few seconds) since first light. There wasn't any yesterday morning, so I'm assuming its hunting related. I'm not a bow hunter, so what's going on?

On the way here, I saw deer processing places and the bag limit is 10 antlerless and 2 antlered per season. It's not too far from Florida, I may have to look into property here. I'm sure I can sell my wife on having a guaranteed place to go next time we have to evacuate. Get out of harms way and get a little hunting in. Another win-win.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ducks?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Doves season is in here in North Carolina. Not sure about Georgia, but that's a possibility.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
As far as I can tell, no other hunting season starts today. Goose started Sept. 3., but I heard zero gunshots yesterday and it's been non-stop today. Bow bear starts today in the northern zone, but I don't think we are anywhere near there.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
In Minnesota I see (hear) a lot of guys begin sighting in their rifles around the opening of bow season.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Early teal season opens today as well in Georgia.
http://www.eregulations.com/ge...easons-dates-limits/
Brett

Posts: 336 | Location: Panhandle of nebraska | Registered: September 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Squirrel & gator season is open also in GA. Then we all have to test out our new CC pistol?

If some vermin come near the chickens, they need to be dispatched too.

Yeah, it could be a few bow hunters taking the easier route in the mix.

I spent time not to far from an Indian reservation, shots at 2:00 A.M was not uncommon.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Mmmm.... maybe it's more simple, yesterday was Friday. Today is Saturday and they're off work?

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I thought about that, but you'd think there would be at least a few shots on Friday morning. The shots stopped around 9:00. From one every two seconds to none.

I missed that early teal started today. I'll bet thats it.

***Update***: mystery solved.

I talked to a ranger and he said we are surrounded by private land owned by a particularly wealthy family. They do organized youth dove hunts and such. Which explains the abrupt stop.