SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What kind of fossils are these?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What kind of fossils are these? Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
Razz

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
What is "Fake"?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I can't tell the scale of them but to me they look like mini dragons. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I made them to sell with Marzy's other stuff.
They're graphic impressions on limestone.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Looks like it could be one of these critters:

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I reproduced the Altamira cave painting also on the lime stone.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Already have orders for all of them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Archaeopteryx, late Jurassic period. Generally acknowledged to be the first bird.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Archaeopteryx, late Jurassic period. Generally acknowledged to be the first bird.

I made that one too.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Definitely not a likkalottapuss

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Prehistoric Cockatoo.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Jurassic CNN?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they're hot. I think you must have smuggled them in from PERN. You'll have Customs and Border Protection officers all over you.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Hey if you taught that prehistoric bird to roll over, sit up and beg, would those be Archaeoptricks?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Those are way cool. You should make one involving the Cottingley Fairies. They'd sell like hotcakes. Smile

Link

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post