SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommendations for airline approved pistol case
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for airline approved pistol case Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
I appreciate everyone's help. I think ill go with the Pelican case. Looks like they run around $50 for a pistol case.

will probably last your lifetime

i second the comment above to chain the case to the inside of another piece of luggage.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:
Pelican makes an excellent case. That I will say. I've had a 1510 that I use as a camera bag as a pro for the past 3 years. That said, they're kinda pricey. It was easy to justify $140 for $7500 in camera equipment, but I'm finding it hard to justify a $200 case for a $400 rifle at the moment.

I'll still go with Pelican. Any one of my rifles is worth enough to justify it. Going to a class, I'll probably have two rifles, or at least two uppers and a pistol or two. Later this week, I'm flying with a single-pistol pelican to visit a friend because my others haven't shipped yet. If I had that, I'd be taking a carbine too.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I like seahorse cases as well.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I like seahorse cases as well.

Me, too. I bought one of their six pistol cases a few years ago when I flew out to Florida for my brother’s wedding. He wanted an all-day epic range trip as his bachelor’s party, so that’s what we did. Took five different 9mm Glocks and a 1911 and filled every mag slot with a loaded Glock mag. It performed admirably, and still does. It’s what I take to the range if I’m taking more than a few handguns. Loaded mags ready to go, empties put back in the spots with the baseplate turned the other way to show as empty. I need to get one of their single pistol cases for future flights. The one I bought fit perfectly in the bottom third of my carry-on style bag which I cable-locked it to the frame with two different padlocks on either side. Wouldn’t stop a thief, but it might be enough to piss one off. Razz

https://seahorse.net/shop/gun-cases/se540fp4/

I want to say my six pistol version was right around a hundred bills, which made it pallateable. Couldn’t have afforded a similar version with Pelican brand.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post