SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need A Device to Aid with Book Reading
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need A Device to Aid with Book Reading Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted
My Dad had an accident, and I'm looking for a device of some kind that would hold a book in front of him so that he might read it without having to hold the book, and at the right angle for his laid-back position. Can anyone suggest anything?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear your dad was hurt.
I did a quick search and found this link:

http://www.bestbookstand.com/?...7im9QCFciCfgodaQUAhA

Maybe they have something that will help.
Good luck

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
How about Audible? That is if his book is available in that format. Sometimes it is nice to have a book read to you. It might help him relax too. Smile

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prism glasses. Never tried them myself, but have heard that they work for others.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
A Kindle would likely help. Very thin, very light, backlighted, and variable text size. You could likely find a tablet holder that'll hold it over the bed while he is laying down.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post