SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elijah Cummings dead at 68
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elijah Cummings dead at 68 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
It's remotely possible that no specific cause of death has been reported because they don't really know what it was. Medical science is good, but not perfect. Where there are multiple possibilities, the specific cause may be elusive.

flashguy

I’m going to go with asphyxiation. Head up his ass as the cause.

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
This morning I took a moment to honor the late Elijah Cummings...
then I wiped and flushed.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I hope his first assignment in Hell is on the Welcoming Committee and he gets to greet RGB soon.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I hope his first assignment in Hell is on the Welcoming Committee and he gets to greet RGB soon.

Why not Nancy Pelosi, or even Jane Fonda?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
Trump Derangement Syndrome, TDS. Trump causes liberal heads to explode.

From another thread related to water filters.
The product description for one of the items included the following line.
Gave me a chuckle. Smile
quote:

Guaranteed to remove chemicals (i.e. chlorine), taste and odors. *Please note that the system is NOT designed for TDS removal

Yeah, although in this one case, TDS is not referring to Trump Derangement Syndrome, but rather Total Dissolved Solids. Wink

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer...n-for-his-house-seat

Elijah Cummings widow Maya Rockeymoore expected to run for his House seat

Rep. Elijah Cummings’s widow Maya Rockeymoore is seen as the most likely successor to fill his congressional seat after his passing on Thursday, sources tell the Washington Examiner.

Rockeymoore, 48, who is currently the chair of the Maryland Democratic Party, has a history of political involvement and ran unsuccessfully for Maryland governor in 2017. She married Cummings in 2008.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan has 10 days to schedule a special election for Cummings’s seat and will likely set the date by the middle of next week, according to state political sources. The primary election is expected to take place next January and the general election in March.

The winner of the special election will serve out of the remainder of Cummings’s term, which expires in December of 2020. A regularly scheduled primary for the following term will take place next April.

more at link

but catch this:

As chair of the Maryland Democratic Party, Rockeymoore will also play a powerful role in deciding whom the party supports in the special election — and could ensure that the party backs a place-holder candidate who would be willing to step aside if and when Rockeymoore decides to run in the spring.

Rockeymoore "has a lot of control over who the placeholder is,” said the Maryland operative, who said one name that has been floated is former Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
His body finally caught up to his brain.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Riddance to this POS! I have been reading what a hero he is but I don't get it? Baltimore went to shit, he got richer, Baltimore people got poorer, crime rose, the city crumbled, murders rose, etc, so what positive did he do? Not a damn thing except steal money and throw the poor people of Baltimore to the wolves. Unfortunately, the low IQ, gullible democrat voters in his district just don't get that they are still living on the governments plantation because of this loud mouth democrat.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My only apparent accomplishment in life is being banned from an ancient forum
posted Hide Post
Are there any rules here for rejoicing when an evil prick dies?

Posts: 166 | Location: Washington State | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
My opinion of this man is very low after hearing him over the last few years. A professional bloviator, I think he was a dirty dealer and player. I understand some of his hatred for white people given his age, and as things changed so much since then by orders of magnitude, he never grew out of his hatred, let alone his cultivating it out of thin air for his own aggrendizement and wealth. That's the definition of a bad human being imo.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
widow Maya Rockeymoore is seen as the most likely successor to fill his congressional seat

Cause of death? Nah. I keed, I keed, or something.
I'm sure she already knows what her husbands position makes.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20-year age difference between spouses, both political figures within the Democrat party, both African-Americans....I've heard of this scenario before

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
AMF

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 380Swift:
Are there any rules here for rejoicing when an evil prick dies?

Snoopy level happy dances are encouraged!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
This morning I took a moment to honor the late Elijah Cummings...
then I wiped and flushed.
I hope you did a courtesy flush. That one stank more than usual.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.washingtonexaminer...n-for-his-house-seat

Elijah Cummings widow Maya Rockeymoore expected to run for his House seat

Rep. Elijah Cummings’s widow Maya Rockeymoore is seen as the most likely successor to fill his congressional seat after his passing on Thursday, sources tell the Washington Examiner.

Rockeymoore, 48, who is currently the chair of the Maryland Democratic Party, has a history of political involvement and ran unsuccessfully for Maryland governor in 2017. She married Cummings in 2008.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan has 10 days to schedule a special election for Cummings’s seat and will likely set the date by the middle of next week, according to state political sources. The primary election is expected to take place next January and the general election in March.

The winner of the special election will serve out of the remainder of Cummings’s term, which expires in December of 2020. A regularly scheduled primary for the following term will take place next April.

more at link

but catch this:

As chair of the Maryland Democratic Party, Rockeymoore will also play a powerful role in deciding whom the party supports in the special election — and could ensure that the party backs a place-holder candidate who would be willing to step aside if and when Rockeymoore decides to run in the spring.

Rockeymoore "has a lot of control over who the placeholder is,” said the Maryland operative, who said one name that has been floated is former Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake.

No surprise there. It's a dynastic job after all. Red Face

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Poor Elijah! Got rich off the backs of his impoverished constituents trading off his earlier fame in Civil Rights. He lived in luxurious wealth while his "people" try to survive in filthy squalor. He never really did a damn thing to help them improve their lives beyond a few holiday turkeys and handing out some government jobs to supporters. They really will not notice any difference in their lives for his being over.

he was the most reprehensible scum feathering his nest on the backs of others too stupid or stubborn to see it.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The widow is just as corrupt. Lots of evidence of financial hanky panky and IRS complaints.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
The widow is just as corrupt. Lots of evidence of financial hanky panky and IRS complaints.
No doubt the voters in that district will swarm to elect her, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
I watched hairspray with my kids to pay homage to Eli.

That enough?

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post