SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elijah Cummings dead at 68
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elijah Cummings dead at 68 Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
So Cumming's wife has announced she wants to run for his vacant seat.

Yet she has not announced a date and time of her husband's funeral yet?

That seems odd.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Does it, lbj? When you realize with whom we're dealing, it doesn't seem odd in the least. They're ALL corrupt...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
They're ALL corrupt...

They're all immoral.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
So Cumming's wife has announced she wants to run for his vacant seat.

Latest word is that she may not run for the special election - the term expires next year. She is more likely to run to get the full term at that time.

A lot of opposition will be highlighting the irregularities of her "charities" at that time.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
No doubt she wants a send off similar to that when a president dies or the pope for that useless fuck.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
She sees an opportunity to keep those govt checks rolling in......
She will undoubtedly be a rock star unless her district voters realize how much they have been screwed in the past. But, little chance of that happening.
================================

Maya Rockeymoore and Rep. Elijah Cummings in 2014
======================================

She is already Chairwoman of the Maryland Democratic Party.

When she gets to the house, Nancy will for sure make her Honorary POTUS.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
I find it amazing how the whole "dynastic" element in modern US politics doesn't even raise an eyebrow from all the dems, the MSM, and 99% of establishment republicans.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
They're just interested in feathering their own nests and don't give two shits about our republic. If they predominated in the late 18th Century, we'd still be colonies of the UK.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
I find it amazing how the whole "dynastic" element in modern US politics doesn't even raise an eyebrow from all the dems, the MSM, and 99% of establishment republicans.

Welcome to the late-stage Roman Republic/Empire. Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...67891d39d_story.html

Maya Rockeymoore Cummings to seek her husband’s seat in Congress

By Ovetta Wiggins and Erin Cox
November 11, 2019 at 9:28 p.m. CST

Maya Rockeymoore Cummings resigned as chair of the Maryland Democratic Party on Monday night and announced she would seek the congressional seat vacated by the death of her husband, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.).

The longtime policy consultant has scheduled a formal announcement at her Baltimore home Tuesday morning.

“I believe very strongly that I have the background, the focus, the commitment and the ability to take the reins and make a good run for this seat,” she told Rachel Maddow on MSNBC. She said her husband “wanted me to continue this fight.”

Rockeymoore Cummings, 48, joins a crowded field vying to represent a district where her last name is revered. Among her competitors is former congressman and NAACP chief Kweisi Mfume — a longtime friend of her husband’s and, like him, one of Baltimore’s favorite sons.

Mfume, 71, who represented Maryland’s 7th District in Congress before Elijah Cummings did, said last week that he was seeking the office again “to make sure that all he and others fought for is not lost, tossed to the side or forgotten.”

Rockeymoore Cummings, who did not return calls seeking comment Monday night, was relatively unknown in Maryland politics until she ran for governor in October 2017. She ended her campaign after three months, while her husband was hospitalized.

In December, Rockeymoore Cummings won a rare contested battle to lead the state Democratic Party, ousting Kathleen Matthews, who was backed by the party establishment. Rockeymoore Cummings said she wanted to lead the party after Democrats lost the 2018 gubernatorial election, with Gov. Larry Hogan becoming only the second Republican governor ever reelected in Maryland.

“We have a structural problem when it comes to the top of the ticket,” she said then. “And that structural problem will create a downward spiral for our party if we don’t fix it now.”

Much of her career was spent on Capitol Hill, first as chief of staff to congressman Charles B. Rangel (D-N.Y.). She worked as a senior resident scholar for health and income security at the National Urban League and as the vice president of research and programs at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation. In 2005, she started Global Policy Solutions, a policy consulting firm.

A conservative watchdog organization in May filed a complaint with the Internal Revenue Service, alleging that there is insufficient separation between the consulting firm and a nonprofit organization that Rockeymoore Cummings started more recently. She dismissed the complaint as politically motivated.

As party chair, Rockeymoore Cummings focused on boosting Democrats in rural areas where Republicans are dominant, as well as in traditional Democratic strongholds. She ruffled some feathers by taking sides in a bitter fight over who should become speaker of Maryland’s majority-Democratic House of Delegates, and she has angered state Republican leaders by launching attacks on Hogan.

So far, six Democrats and three Republicans have filed to seek the 7th District seat, which includes parts of Baltimore City and Baltimore and Howard counties. In addition to Mfume, state Del. Talmadge Branch (D-Baltimore City), who serves as House majority whip, said he intends to run, and state Sen. Jill P. Carter (D-Baltimore City) has scheduled an announcement next week.

The filing deadline is Nov. 20, and the winner of the Feb. 4 Democratic primary will be heavily favored in the April 28 special election.

State Sen. Cory V. McCray (D-Baltimore City), vice chair of the state party, will take over as interim chair.

Rockeymoore Cummings told Maddow that she will undergo a double mastectomy on Friday, a prophylactic surgery based on her family history of breast cancer. She said she will recover over two to four weeks but will remain “laser- focused” on her campaign during that time.

“I’m going to get ahead of the curve and basically take the bull by the horns and stop it in its tracks before it ever begins,” she said of the surgery.

Jenna Portnoy contributed to this report.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
She knows as much about being a congress critter as Hunter Biden knows about energy. But they both know how to fleece the public to live a lavish lifestyle and still remain stupid at the same time. She should fit right in.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
She seems to have the background and qualifications to keep the district the same shit hole Elijah did.

Interesting quotes: So they want to keep the district rat infested (well I guess that could actually include them.)

quote:
She said her husband “wanted me to continue this fight.

quote:
“to make sure that all he and others fought for is not lost, tossed to the side or forgotten.”

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yet she has not announced a date and time of her husband's funeral yet?
That seems odd.

She’s counting on his vote!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Isn't she under a fraud investigation?
Not that this matters to that district.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post