SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elijah Cummings dead at 68
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elijah Cummings dead at 68 Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Elijah Cummings dead? Tragic.

Yeah, I know. I'm just devastated.

If he lived to be 68, then he obviously never sent much time in his own third world congressional craphole.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I wonder who are the next two, since these things seem to happen in threes.

RBG, but perhaps he was second not first...

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Time for my old Moms Mabley joke:

"My mama told me always say somethin' good when somebody die. So--

He dead.

Good."

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
I find it amazing that he, or anyone for that matter, could be elected over and over and do nothing for those he represented. Promise the world, deliver nothing, get re-elected. Fool me once or twice, easy, but for 25 years? That's some world class stupid right there.
Rod

Edit because I forgot to say something good about the dead. GOOD he's dead!

John Conyers? In office over fifty years. Resigned after allegations of sexual harassment by staffers. His wife was imprisoned for taking bribes while on Detroit City Council, did three years for a take of about 11k.

His son got John in hot water by using his taxpayer funded leased Escalade for his music career, it got stripped while parked in Detroit. Big no-no, allowing it to be used for no official business.That got forgotten quickly.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Adios Motherfucker.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Wonder if he was smart enough to wear a Teflon suit when he passed

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
He was waiting to get a brain transplant.

They couldn't find a donor.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
There is an inexhaustible supply of bloviating twits to replace him. Merely a bump in the road while the next one tees up.

No doubt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
He was only 68?? I would have guessed him to be 78. I've only read "health complications" as what killed him. I'm curious as to what got him.

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
There is an inexhaustible supply of bloviating twits to replace him. Merely a bump in the road while the next one tees up.

No doubt.
Take your wins when you get your wins.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Loudmouthed, ignorant fucking asshole. He was a genuine blight on America and I am not going to act for one single second like I am not happy to hear this. America-hating piece of shit.

I am overjoyed that never again am I going to have to listen to him run his IGNORANT mouth.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
I have no love for any corrupt politician. Big story here about how his wife enriched herself illegally. Having said that, she will probably get his seat since this is a purely Democrat controlled state, and those stories will disappear.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What was the last thing that went through his mind? Well, you can be sure it wasn't a clue, because that stupid son of a bitch never had the first one in his life.

Looking on FoxNews' website, I just love all the lying, phony horse shit about this jerk- oh, yes, "tributes to a colleague who served". Just cut the shit. And I notice that the article about this great American does not allow commentary, and you know why. People would be taking a flamethrower to this fraud who did nothing but enrich himself.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
I think that was the only way to get him out of government. I didn’t even realize he was in poor health.

FOX news just said that he had been confined to a wheel chair for almost a year. He was very careful not to allow himself to be photographed in the wheel chair, and most of the press cooperated in the deception.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Being always enraged and blithering idiot are not good for one's health.

Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders fit the paradigm.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Who will be the first Democrat to nominate him for Sainthood?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
He once said he'd be dancing with the angels. Ironically, he was right. Just not the angels he meant.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well...mama raised me that if you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all. Soooooooooooo...

I guess I'm gonna go punch a grumpy and then my flower beds need trimming in the WORST kinda way. Gonna be mostly sunny here in Houston today. It might just be a little more sunny than I expected.

"...and the horse he rode in on."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Ya know... the fine sentiments expressed in this thread warm my heart!!!

Are you really supposed to wait three days before listing his faults, then saying bless his soul?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Elijah’s weather forecast

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post