SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elijah Cummings dead at 68
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elijah Cummings dead at 68 Login/Join 
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted
I think that was the only way to get him out of government. I didn’t even realize he was in poor health.

Link to Fox News

Short article from my local news:
“ Maryland Rep. Elijah E. Cummings died early Thursday at Johns Hopkins Hospital due to complications from longstanding health challenges, his congressional office said. He was 68.

A sharecropper's son, Cummings became the powerful chairman of a U.S. House committee that investigated President Donald Trump, and was a formidable orator who passionately advocated for the poor in his district that encompassed a large portion of Baltimore.

As chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, Cummings led multiple investigations into Trump's governmental dealings. The investigations angered the president, who criticized the congressman's district in 2019 as a "rodent-infested mess" where "no human being would want to live."

Cummings responded that government officials must stop making "hateful, incendiary comments" that only serve to divide and distract the nation from its real problems.”

Link

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Oh well.
Bit cool today good day to go fishing.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I didn't know he was in poor health either.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
I think that was the only way to get him out of government.

I think you were correct. Now the question is will his replacement be worse (If that is possible)?

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I guess the reality of 4 more years of Trump put him over the edge.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
There is an inexhaustible supply of bloviating twits to replace him. Merely a bump in the road while the next one tees up.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Elijah E. Gonings
This life is but a vapor....

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
There is an inexhaustible supply of bloviating twits to replace him. Merely a bump in the road while the next one tees up.

You've got that right. Maryland's 7th Congressional District is heavily gerrymandered and his replacement will only be better for lack of seniority and the privileges and attention that go with it.

See here:

MD 7th Congressional District

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Elijah Cummings dead at 68

Boo hoo. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, good riddance to the Commie.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hell just got a little more crowded. Sweet!

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Am I allowed to speak ill of the dead?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His wife is chair of the state Dem Party, so I won't be surprised if they treat it like a hereditary seat.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Who ?

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One down.

Awake not woke

Posts: 566 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
i believe it was Mark Twain who said, I've never wished anyone dead, but I've read some obituaries with great pleasure.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
He was only 68?? I would have guessed him to be 78. I've only read "health complications" as what killed him. I'm curious as to what got him.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, Maxine will join him soon.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
and was a formidable orator who passionately advocated for the poor in his district that encompassed a large portion of Baltimore.

This gave me a good laugh. In office for 25 years and his people are no better today than when he took office. Yeah, he was all about his people and a man of great convictions.

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post