SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gander Mountain
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gander Mountain Login/Join 
Picture of 9mmnut
posted
Stopped by yesterday just prowling and found a P228. Decided to look at it showed a lot of holster wear. Started to remove slide to check for wear but guy behind counter said I could not. I handed it back to him and asked if he could remove slide. He said no so I left. With their restructuring they are not accepting returns. Guess I could use credit card and if not satisfied have credit card refuse payment.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Move on and forget it. You'll find a better deal.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3527 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Move on and forget it. You'll find a better deal.

Yep. My only time in there the guys behind the counter were jerks and had no idea what they were selling. I won't buy from someone who won't let me inspect the weapon and treats me like crap. Keep looking, you'll find one somewhere else.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
My Gander Mtn, had a P226 new for $799, on sale from $999. It was one of three pistols left in the case.

Great deals on clothes.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmnut:
Stopped by yesterday just prowling and found a P228. Decided to look at it showed a lot of holster wear. Started to remove slide to check for wear but guy behind counter said I could not. I handed it back to him and asked if he could remove slide. He said no so I left. With their restructuring they are not accepting returns. Guess I could use credit card and if not satisfied have credit card refuse payment.

Its been there for at least 3 months and no mags are included.Was over priced before the sale started and I would bet it still is. Smile

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped by to look for ammo for the Tikka build. It was 20% off and still 20-30% higher that every where else.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Gander Mountain. Anyone know how they came up with such a stupid name??

I generally avoid the Big Box stores.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I disassembled a used SIG P6 there once. Just took the slide off the frame to check the frame rails and internals for anything super obvious. I'm not going to buy a used car without a thorough mechanical inspection, I'm not buying a used gun without a cursory glance inside.

The counter jockey then proceeded to rip me about having the audacity to disassemble their gun, because don't you know every firearm has different procedures, and I could have done irreparable harm, you need to be qualified to take a gun apart, yadda, yadda.

I think he was just upset because I demonstrated competency with the weapon, when HE was supposed to be the smartest guy during that interaction.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped by our local GM to see if they might have SOMETHING actually priced reasonably.

Nope, everything was priced considerably higher than I could go down the street and buy.

Came back to the car and told my wife that Gander Mountain didn't know how to run a business or go out of business.

Posts: 659 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of np149
posted Hide Post
I stopped by the one near me last weekend. I noticed that the liquidation company was filling the empty shelves with off brand clothing, car emergency kits, folding chairs, cups, you name it. It looks like they bought shipping containers full of low end, odd ball merchandise to throw into the mix. It felt very flea market-ish. I walked through and left. Sad.

Posts: 236 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I'm not sad in the least bit. I'm glad they went under. Elated actually. Most of their employees seem to have gone to douche bag training. Let that be a message to the other corporate price gougers. D

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped at Gander last Fall to look at a P250C .22LR that they had on sale for a fairly reasonable price. I asked permission to remove the slide and the counter-guy checked with his boss who had a fit. I would have left with one but instead I left pissed.

I later bought the same pistol from CDNN for almost $100 less.

I can't imagine why they're going out of business.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Triggertreat, was that Coldwater?

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rarely go/went to GM, but decided to take a look the other day. Mostly leftover junk, overpriced then marked down. Then I decided to look at the optics. I did a bit of a double take at a pair of Swarovski binoculars. Marked down because there was no box. Marked down again for going out of business. I think somebody looked up the wrong item. $1150 binoculars (looked on B&H while there) marked down to $599. I borrowed a lens cloth to make sure there were no scratches. Perfect. Out came the credit card.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Gander Mountain cause Goose Valley was already taken. Big Grin

Once should always ask permission before disassembling a gun for inspection. I don't get pissed in guns shops anymore unless they mishandle my property, that is, something I have bought. There are way too many gun stores, I have at least 5 within a couple hours walking, should I choose to walk.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmnut:
Triggertreat, was that Coldwater?

Yes!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I usually saw at GM was pricing on used guns that was higher that what I paid for the same model new. They deserve to go out of business.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I bought a Polish P83 at a GM back in Feb, about the standard price for that pistol.. There are some local gun shops in my area just as high as GM ...was.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyAgShooter:
What I usually saw at GM was pricing on used guns that was higher that what I paid for the same model new. They deserve to go out of business.

Anyone who thinks that GM is going out of business on pricing alone is just simply naïve about business.
If that was the only criteria then the famous local store here in Houston aka Collector's Firearms would be long gone and they are thriving big time.
I am sure there are plenty more examples in many places elsewhere too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smschulz,

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
My lgs says sure, but if you can't put it back together you buy it.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post