SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best reading glasses
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best reading glasses Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
I seem to go through reading glasses worst than my ex goes through hair colors.

Looking for something durable, smudge free and fairly inexpensive since I will buy 4-5 pairs t stash through the house car and office.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Drug store.
Got the three pack all alike.
One in shop one in reloading area and one by easy chair.
I am in old old tri's and sometimes I need to read mice type.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Had an answer until I read the entire post. The reading glasses I favor are Scojo and they run $40-45.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
My wife buys 'em for me at the 99-cent store.
Lose, break, forget, can't find > at 99 cents they aren't "stylish" but they do the job. Smile

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get mine at Sam's Club. There are a number of pairs in a package(5 or 6), but the price is REALLY right!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walmart has three packs and four packs (different brands) for less than $10. I've been using them for years; they work fine and my eye doctor didn't try to dissuade me from using them. I have them stashed all over the place.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
I get mine at the dollar store as well. I seem to be always losing or breaking them, so at a buck a pair I don’t worry about it.

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I've worn readers for almost 20 years. The best I've found for price, style, consistent quality, comfort and durability are TruVision Readers found on Amazon and I've purchased "a ton" of drug store readers. They come in a two pack. My favorite style is their Wayfarer. Comes in 18 available sizes, so chose the down arrow to show all the sizes. If you want to see all their styles, just click on "TruVision Readers" or do an Amazon search. These are all I'll ever get now. No, they aren't glass lens and will smudge and scratch but I've gotten better service from these than ANY drug store readers. I go through one or two a year and wear them a lot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

EDIT: Just noticed the guy model in one of the pictures at that link, looks like Kirk Herbstreit LOL

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im partial to the Visualites

I tried the cheap ones, all they did was mess with me due to irregularities between the clarity, strength etc on each lens causing my eyes to fatigue

since I started using this brand Ive had zero issues

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks

I have been just buying them by 3s and 4s off amazon for a while. I will try the brands mentioned and see how they do.

next step dollar store and just stock up Roll Eyes

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i use these https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1
and i am hard on them at my job and they are holding up good

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I get mine at Sam's Club. There are a number of pairs in a package(5 or 6), but the price is REALLY right!!

Costco too, best deal high quality readers

Posts: 23425 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I just go on fleabay and find a US provider and get the cheapest ones but with spring loaded arms.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'm with the camp that buys the cheap ones. The wife and I most always have 6 or 7 around the house and office. I have them in the garage and basement as well. They get lost, break and just generally disappear in some black hole I guess.

As far as the clarity goes, they work very well and clean up good with no smudges.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post