SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    From tragedy comes goodwill from the Community (Officer Down)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From tragedy comes goodwill from the Community (Officer Down) Login/Join 
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted
This has been a hard week in Law Enforcement. Deputy US Marshals shot in NYC. A rookie lady Officer shot in my State Capital. Last night my Afternoon Shift was involved in an OIS During s felony warrant service.

Officer Cassie Johnson had under two years on the job when she was shot by a shithead convicted felon on a parking complaint two days ago in Charleston, WV. She managed to get two rounds into the shithead. Sadly, she was unable to survive her wound and passed away after life support was removed. Her last courageous act was donating her organs to save strangers.

Charleston’s Citizen Police Academy started a go fund me to offset the cost of her funeral. Their goal was $20,000 which was reached in 24 hours. It now has surpassed $50,000. How bittersweet the show of support of the community and State has been. I am sure people out of State have also contributed.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cas...pdate-supporters-v5b

It’s not often we lose an LEO in our State. No matter where you are, if you carry a badge- please be vigilant. And if the time comes, leave a pile of brass in your wake.

Cassie’s Funeral is Tuesday. I’ll be there.

rest easy, Unit 146.

10-7, 10-42. Salute.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace, Officer.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace Officer Johnson, condolences for her family and friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
RIP Officer Johnson. I hope the charges go federal.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Officer Johnson. We used to say it doesn't matter what size city or county you work in nor the demographics, bad shit can happen anywhere.

It truly is a thankless job sometimes. A smile and a friendly wave goes a long way, trust me.

Tony

Posts: 314 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP sister.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post