SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why don’t girl’s pants have useful pockets?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why don’t girl’s pants have useful pockets? Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Well?

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Shhh don't you know it's one of the main reasons they keep us around. To carry stuff that would not be pretty in their tighter cut jeans.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends where you buy your jeans. I recall when womens jeans had the zipper on the side.

On a related note, why do womens blouses button on the left side and men on the right??

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Cause they carry purses?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
They don't need to play pocket pool. Cool

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
It depends where you buy your jeans. I recall when womens jeans had the zipper on the side.

On a related note, why do womens blouses button on the left side and men on the right??

So their maids can more easily button it for them (assuming they are right handed).

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
You have to ask? I prefer girls pockets painted on, utility is secondary. Their jeans are used for a billboard, not for a tactical stash of goodies.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why don’t girl’s pants have useful pockets?

To annoy me. Sometimes I just want to carry my knife, keys, ID, and some cash, but nooooo...

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
^ Hahhahahaha

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
quote:
Why don’t girl’s pants have useful pockets?

To annoy me. Sometimes I just want to carry my knife, keys, ID, and some cash, but nooooo...

Ah, but you are an out of the ordinary woman.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form over function and purses.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

Welllll... Might still want some tickling if their pockets allow. Only thing my wife puts in her back pocket is her phone. I'm with the thought it's just the man keeping himself relevant as a woman's keepsake courier.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
What woman wants to appear to have a lumpy butt?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Style over substance

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Because they already have enough interesting stuff in their pants.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Because the powerful Purse Lobby owns Congress. We need a march or something.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
When pockets are sold as $$$ designer accessory add-ons with "MK" & " LV" logos, we'll see more of them.

It's worked for Harley-Davidson and it's worked for the AR rifle industry.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

An occasional "away game"

Posts: 7454 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I remember back in the 90’s when I used to go to country western clubs women wore a popular pair of jeans (I can’t recall name) but they were tight as hell and had no back pockets. We praised the person who invented those. Big Grin

ETA: Rocky Mountain Jeans.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

My understanding is this goes back to the time when men carried swords on their left hip. Hence they could unbutton their outer garment to access their sword.

Now why womens cloths button the other way, is the other posters suggestion about the womens helper to dress her might be correct?

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post