Find
Notify
Tools

Brave browser Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Well I have my first Brave hiccup. Can't login to USAA. Frown

I just logged into USAA from my PC with no issue.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Try Alt+Left arrow?

That works. It's just the muscle memory from years of FF I may have to re-train.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
quote:

I just logged into USAA from my PC with no issue.

I just reset Brave settings and still can't logon. Even rebooted the computer. Frown

I keep getting this which is crazy as I can still logon with Firefox.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I talked with my BFF this evening and we went through a few attempts to get Brave working on my desktop, to no avail. He's going to come down to my place in a few days to try hands-on work.

He said I should mention I'm using W7Pro on a machine older than Methuselah. It's a Dell tower only a few years old with 8GB memory and 1TB of hard drive. It's not a new machine, but it's not ancient, either.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Try Alt+Left arrow?

That works. It's just the muscle memory from years of FF I may have to re-train.

You might try looking for an extension that will work.
I use an extension for mouse gestures and you can easily map the back function to click and drag left.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
quote:

I use the the USAA app
Perfect

I'm NOT comfortable using my phone for ANY banking period. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I like Brave but still trying to figure things out. I still cant get Copy-Paste to appear on the browser itself. You always have to go into settings. Ugh.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just a guess. In Brave, make sure you have "Use hardware acceleration when available" turned on.

It's under Settings, along the left side, under Additional Settings, System.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I use my tablet regularly, Brave is a big improvement over FF, particularly after FF's last update. Still holding back on the PC, I'll put Brave on my hated phone and still use the phone only when necessary.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this! Just imported my chrome.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
quote:
quote:
Try Alt+Left arrow?

You might try looking for an extension that will work.
I use an extension for mouse gestures and you can easily map the back function to click and drag left.

My Logitech mice [home & office] have side buttons that I have configured for Back/Fwd.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I tried Brave for a while when it first came out, but I would only use it every now and then because I found it buggy. I also used FireFox, but instantly dropped that when they ran the head guy out due to his personal support of Christian groups. After going to Apple the day Windows 8 came out, Safari was my main browser. Other than Apple’s politics, I have no problem with it.

After all of what has been transpiring lately, I’ve gone to the Dissenter browser which advises it is based on the Brave browser. However, I am using Brave now on my iPhone and iPad now. I’m having a problem with my iPhone right now where if I click on a thread, it opens up a screen where I can only continue by choosing open in Tapatalk or Safari. I’m pretty sure there has to be a setting for that.

Also, I’ve used Bing as my search for the last several years, and I’ve tried DDG every now and then. I’ve switched all of my browsers over to it for now.

I hate to say, but I will still use YouTube for my daily entertainment, and Google maps. I use both heavily every day, but I will bolt if there is an equivalent alternative to them.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
Just a guess. In Brave, make sure you have "Use hardware acceleration when available" turned on.

It's under Settings, along the left side, under Additional Settings, System.

Appreciate your reaching out here but that was already turned on.

I played around with settings on FF and found that if I had fingerprinting on I got the same message I posted above. But sadly turning off fingerprinting in Brave made zip difference. Something else is awry. Frown

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Yea - Been running for around a year so far. Liked it and have zero issues.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I talked with my BFF this evening and we went through a few attempts to get Brave working on my desktop, to no avail. He's going to come down to my place in a few days to try hands-on work.

He said I should mention I'm using W7Pro on a machine older than Methuselah. It's a Dell tower only a few years old with 8GB memory and 1TB of hard drive. It's not a new machine, but it's not ancient, either.

flashguy

There are several reports of issues with Brave running on Windows 7:
https://community.brave.com/t/...7-home-premium/40737

I'm sure you know, but running Windows 7 is a pretty big risk if you do anything online. It is no longer being updated for known security vulnerabilities.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/...-you-should-do-next/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I may just delete Brave and do a clean reinstall to see if that eliminates the USAA login issue. But I'm pretty tired of messing with it at this point so I'm gonna walk away for a bit.

Everything else worked fine... just USAA. Frown

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

When I first installed Brave, I entered the url sigforum.com and couldn't get in. Adding www or http and others didn't work. Using the specific fora urls got me in. It may be an overlooked format problem, I dunno.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been using Brave for at least 2.5 years; never an issue.

Last week after Mozilla pulled its politically correct stunt, my wife asked me to put Brave on her Windows laptop. I downloaded it and imported her bookmarks; no issues, she is happy.

I am not sure why others have had issues; all I know is my experience with Brave and Duck Duck Go has been outstanding.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Deleted and reinstalled.... now EVERYTHING is working! Yay! Big Grin Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
^^^Excellent news bald1. Glad you got it working. I had to fiddle a little bit yesterday to get all the sites I use to work, but got it done and everything works A-Okay now.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post