SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Limited Google Fu -- Seeking Silver Star Citation Text
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limited Google Fu -- Seeking Silver Star Citation Text Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
I have found that a friend who works out with me was awarded a Silver Star in Operation Iraqi Freedom. No question on valor...his award is listed on an official DoD website.

But, try as I might, I can't find a text of the citation describing the award. What would you all recommend?

Of course, I just want to read...not interrogate this kind soul who runs circles around us at our morning workout.

He is the person you would least likely imagine to be in the military, aside from the license plate with the emblem of the silver star.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Try here:

https://valor.militarytimes.com/award/5?page=2

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Here’s the DoD website of recipients of the Silver Star for recent conflicts by name, rank, service, but doesn’t have the citation.

https://valor.defense.gov/Reci...ts/Army-Silver-Star/

You might use this one and the above one to find something.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post