SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sources for furnished apartments (Jackson, MS specifically)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sources for furnished apartments (Jackson, MS specifically) Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted
Any suggestions on where to look for a temporary, 1-3 months, furnished apartment in an area? I'm relocating here, and will be a "dual resident" for a bit while selling home in TX.

Zillow doesn't seem to have a lot of options to find it, apartment finder sites aren't particularly robust, and Hotpads doesn't seem to focus at all on furnished places.

TIA!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
DON'T STAY ANYWHERE IN HINDS COUNTY!!!!!

Madison County would be my first choice, and Rankin County would be second.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You can search craigslist as many advertise on that site.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:

Ditto to the 10th power. Look in Ridgeland or Madison.

There is a furnished one on Ridgewood Road in Ridgeland, Extended stay America that might fit the bill for you.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know anything for sure but I would think you would be able to search for "corporate housing" and find something. Thats what they're listed as around here anyways. For the business guys that are just in town for a couple months to work on a project/training/etc.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Around here, a lot of people use Extended Stay and looks like they have several in MS:

https://www.google.com/search?...:!3sEAE,lf:1,lf_ui:7

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:

Ditto to the 10th power. Look in Ridgeland or Madison.

There is a furnished one on Ridgewood Road in Ridgeland, Extended stay America that might fit the bill for you.

Funny thing, that. Was staying just off of 55 on Lakeland towards Flowood about 15 years ago when my rental got plowed into in hotel parking lot. I mean destroyed from the side, other car backed up, turned off lights and jetted out of lot while I tried to get a view of tag from hotel balcony.

Officer writing the report at one point remarked "That's what you get for staying in Jackson." I asked what he would suggest as an alternative and his reply?

"Anywhere but Jackson!"

Yet, here I go.

Ridgeland and Madison for homes, a little broader range for short term, but I'm not parking a '72 Ford there, so, not THAT place!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgeair,

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Around here, a lot of people use Extended Stay and looks like they have several in MS:

https://www.google.com/search?...:!3sEAE,lf:1,lf_ui:7

Extended Stays have become the home for mostly migrant workers and parolees, folks on the run, and other general miscreants as far as I can tell from my limited exposure.

To wit - last time I called someone staying in one (a close relative) their line was "We can't connect you if you don't know the room number, and we can neither confirm nor deny that this person is staying here."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Madison County would be my first choice, and Rankin County would be second

That is correct, unless you wish to polish your self defense skills and increase your situational awareness on a daily basis. County line road is now becoming somewhat sketchy. The Madison area North of there is pretty nice. Extended stay is a no go.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It was not evil that made me dangerous. It was love.
posted Hide Post
Hell to the no do not stay in Jackson. If you go Rankin County then I would look at Brandon. It's quiet here for the most part. I'm not sure where you would find a furnished apartment here but you won't get shot in the neck.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1272 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
You guys all work for the Chamber of Commerce, right? Razz

I can get mugged in DFW too, but it's unfortunately less easy to create as much geographical reduction in likelihood in Jackson vs. here. I can work around that, but am really gonna have to get my wife in a different frame of mind....

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Look at AirBNB. You can rent places by th month there as well. My son had a 3 month engineering coop in Houston last summer and AirBNB had a much nicer place for about the same money as the Corporate housing types.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Try this: Crosswinds Apartments, Pearl, MS. Daughter and SIL live there.

Seems quiet and safe.

They have a web site I believe.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You guys all work for the Chamber of Commerce, right?

Yeah you bet. My daughter went to college there. They had an armed guard at the checkout counter at the drug store close to the Medical Center. I got chosen to pick up her prescription for her. I would be careful about where you choose to reside. J town is not on my list of place to live or visit.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're right, live outside of Jackson and commute in. I have a friend in Brandon who told me this when I was going to move over there. Never did though.

Posts: 128 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
A realtor could help.
South of Jackson;
Florence, Richland, Byrum, Pearl, Brandon.
Florence is really safe and quite, imo.

Fondren is becoming better I hear, but still in Jackson

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Bumping my own thread out of frustration, and to see if anyone has any other suggestions. Nothing on BnB, no apartments furnished for less than $2000/mo +utilities, deposits, etc., haven't sunk to the depths of CL yet since I do favor having my kidneys....

I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Middle son lives over that way.
Works all over Jackson Area ( Elavators) .. started out living in Brandon .... then Byram ... then Terry ... and now Crystal Springs. They love Crystal Springs!!!!
Stay far away from Jackson!!!!
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post