SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Awareness of corporate activism
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Awareness of corporate activism Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
Surfing earlier, I found this site has a list of corporations and businesses that have activist stances of various types. I can recall people on SF wanting to find a big list of these type of companies.

2nd Vote

There are probably other sites that do this, I just never saw this before.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My employer is on there and it's completely misrepresenting them. We're extremely conservative but getting lots of 1s and 2s.

The most egregious misrepresentation is that we have corporate matching charitable donations. For example, they've matched my donation to Christian charities that would make the top of an atheist's head pop off. However, if an employee gives to a lefty organization and the company matches then my employer is getting dinged as liberal by that website.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems pretty limited.

Neither my company or parent company listed which is publicly traded

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
My employer is on there and it's completely misrepresenting them. We're extremely conservative but getting lots of 1s and 2s.

The most egregious misrepresentation is that we have corporate matching charitable donations. For example, they've matched my donation to Christian charities that would make the top of an atheist's head pop off. However, if an employee gives to a lefty organization and the company matches then my employer is getting dinged as liberal by that website.
That's a good point, I would have never thought of that.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My company is not on there but the former CEO was on some obama board so..............

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I would think that corporate donation programs like Fred Meyer Community Rewards and Amazon Smile would end up not being really fairly represented, for similar reasons as Todd mentioned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post