SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Toyota Camry prices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Toyota Camry prices Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So I was at my Toyota dealer today to get my wife's Lexus serviced and they had to 2020 Camry is out front with the prices on them. First one was a standard Camry for 24,000 the second one was a 2020 Hybrid Camry and it was 26,000 and some change of course. I was surprised at those prices he seems pretty good to me for a brand new rig.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19172 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Then walk over to the truck section, where prices are 2-1/2 times higher.

The prices you stated are reasonable for transportation.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
It like that around here right now also. I think Toyota is keeping the price down on them because SUV are more popular these days. I think those new Camry are one of the better deals out there right now for basic dependable transportation in new cars.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That doesn't seem bad. But go look at a V6 XSE with all the packages & I'm sure it's in at least the upper 30k range.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15302 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
That doesn't seem bad. But go look at a V6 XSE with all the packages & I'm sure it's in at least the upper 30k range.
Yep like all cars by the time I get one how I want it it’s usually $15k or more than the base models crowding the lots.

Posts: 3914 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

This is true, yet you get a (IMO) very good looking car that is pretty bulletproof. The V-6 may not be as reliable as the older 4bangers, but they're holding their own. Can't be too displeased if you spend $35K and get 300-400K miles out of it without a shit ton of work needing to be done.

Compare that to some of the domestics which are exorbitantly priced for no other reason than to please the UAW. It's not like you're gonna get a more reliable car for that same money.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Head over to the Ford dealership next time. Mustang GTs for $48k. It's ridiculous.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great cars, reasonable prices. I have an Avalon, and a Sienna for the family. Even the trucks can be reasonable - I bought a new Tundra SR5 last year for work, for $42k - 5.7L V8, 4WD, with plenty of creature comforts. Toyota is where it's at!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Maybe because they are 2020's ?

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I like to relate a 2005 3/4 ton 4x4 mid level Ram I bought new for a tick under $24000. At the time it proved to be the best pickup I even owned, with appropriate creature comforts.

According to the inflation calculator program I used, in 2020 that would have blossomed into $34000. Similar level goodies, add in electronic stuff never thought of 15 years ago, my Ranger was $41k+. Not such a horrid step considering. The final deciding point was fuel economy of a turbo 4 banger, vs 5.7 hemi. It's hard to get under 23mpg in my normal use. My old Hemi was hard to average over 18mpg even trying on certain trips. I'm still amazed how fast that difference in operation cost adds up.

I have no use for a 'car' while Mrs. signewt can't stand any variant from that configuration for her own use.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was interested in an AWD Camry before I bought my Charger AWD. No V6 for the Camry, only the 4 cylinder. That eliminated the Camry for me. A 300 HP AWD Camry would have made a great car.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
To me a brand new Camry for under 25k seemed like a very good bargin. That 2.4 liter 4cyl. has been a great motor for Toyota.

A brand new 4 door fwd sedan that is nice looking and full of current amenities. Is roomy and has a good size trunk. That will pretty much go anywhere other than deep snow and off roading at that price is a real value imho.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19172 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
That 2.4 liter 4cyl. has been a great motor for Toyota.

My '06 has 339K on it and no signs of letting up Cool Damn things are bombproof

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
That 2.4 liter 4cyl. has been a great motor for Toyota.

My '06 has 339K on it and no signs of letting up Cool Damn things are bombproof

What kind of maintenance have you had to do? Beyond oil/tires/brakes. Belts? Hoses? Transmission/steering/brake/coolant fluids? Water pump? Wheel bearings? Timing belt/chain?

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Head over to the Ford dealership next time. Mustang GTs for $48k. It's ridiculous.

To be fair, that's the GT Premium with the $6,300 performance package, right? A regular Mustang GT starts at $36k and the base Mustang starts at $27k.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
What kind of maintenance have you had to do? Beyond oil/tires/brakes. Belts? Hoses? Transmission/steering/brake/coolant fluids? Water pump? Wheel bearings? Timing belt/chain?

2.4 has timing chain, but I haven't replaced it nor the water pump.

Coolant Flush by dealer @ 125K and nothing since.
Transmission drain-fill/new filter every 125K (preventative)
Plugs/Wires @ every 125K (preventative)
Battery @ 250K (Colorado cold killed the original Panasonic)
Alternator @ 250K (bearing went out and squealed like a banshee)
Serpentine Belt @ 250K (preventative)
Fuel Pump @ 300K (20 minute job Smile )
RR Wheel Bearing @ 320K (have the left one just in case)
RR Brake Caliper @ 320K (have the left one just in case)
All 4 struts @ 325K
Brakes and Rotors a few times (last ones were changed by my daughter, great way for a new driver to learn)
2 sets of bulbs all the way around (normally one side goes bad so I just swap both out)

Things that need addressed this spring/summer
Valve cover gasket is leaking
Air bag sensor comes on periodically because the plastic connectors shrink with age. I put some zip ties around in hopes of staying tight. Seems to be working so far but may get new ones to redo but maybe not Wink

I'm sure I am missing some more minor stuff but it's been a damn fine vehicle. Hell, even the A/C blows as cold as it did on day 1.

posted Hide Post
^^^Interesting. Thanks.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I bought a 2010 Camry brand new in 2009. Great car, zero problems, sold it to buy my new Jeep Gladiator.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2020 Camry owner here. Bought late last September. Cost me $25,000 and some change.

Great car but dealer paperwork was a hassle.

I saw fully loaded 2020 Camry Hybrids dealer tagged at close to $40K.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Go look at the land cruiser or a ford truck.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post