SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Been on a prime rib kick recently (updated with fishmonger stuff)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Been on a prime rib kick recently (updated with fishmonger stuff) Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
That looks fantastic! I’m going to have to try it!

I'll post the veggie recipe later today. Believe it or not you'll get more compliments on those than the lamb, and the lamb comes out beyond awesome.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
There are no really good places around here to buy seafood. Does anyone order fish online? If so, any recommendations?

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
festus,

Wish I could help. That said I must admit to being shocked that in Maryland you have no decent fishmongers.

Over the years I've been pretty lucky. An example is being part of the "nucleus crew" back in the day outfitting a new ship being built at Bath Iron Works in Maine. Befriended a lobster fisherman who operated 5 boats. Used to meet him at the pier and pick up 2 pounders for a buck a pound. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Aren't big deep-sea fish all flash frozen aboard the ships? For instance, Ahi and Yellowtail tuna is gonna be frozen solid before it hits land--once it's frozen, shipping it around to the rest of the country is just gonna be a matter of routine?

I would imagine that supply and demand would dictate prices for that type of seafood more than additional transportation cost.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazing Ribs

now i want some fogo de chao for all you can eat meat. Really I call it all you can eat lamb, cuz thats about all I get

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post