SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over 300 newspapers band together with editorials demanding Trump stop interfering with press.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over 300 newspapers band together with editorials demanding Trump stop interfering with press. Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has there ever before been such a mass demonstration of self-unawareness as the collective expression of outrage this morning by the editorial boards of these ailing enterprises?

Generous phrase of the press en blanc demonstrating their silicon age response to 'artificial intelligence' with equally artificial stupidity.....self-inflicted at that.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
So they don’t think Trump has the right to free speech? Ironic....

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I worked for a couple of newspapers as a photojournalist- 35 years ago. You know- last century? If I still worked for a newspaper, I'd be pissed off, too, because my job would be going away a little at a time.

So, have mercy on these poor old dinosaurs. They're stressed.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107582 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was bound to happen, considering the direction 'journalism' has been going. No surprise. This will be splashed across the cover page of every city rag, declaring moral outrage that nobody takes them seriously, continuing the spiral of fictional news, faux fury and indignation that the POTUS tells them to report the news or, F-off.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
There is no journalism or journalists anymore. The 24/7 news cycle has become little more than a bad version of reality TV. What really galls these media folks is that their viewers now know exactly what and who they are and don't like them for it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
giggle snort

here's a deal

if the 'news'papers and 'journalists' stop interfering in politics, perhaps Trump would agree to stop interfering with them...

could be a 2 way street, but perhaps the media is feeling a wee bit outclassed by someone who doesn't give a shit and will go out of his way to make them look like the assholes they are

Go Trump - bury the bastards and make them choke on their own shit

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If Trumps accusations were false, it never would have gotten this far. Their outrage at not being to sell their lies is delicious!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
A more accurate headline:
"Propaganda Agencies are mad for being called out as Propaganda Agencies. News at 11."

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I subscribed to one of those newspapers, so I could cancel my subscription.

Opportunity lost, I suppose, since I haven't read an actual newspaper for over 10 years (comics and crossword puzzles, yes), and only see their on-line crap if somebody here links to it.

There's a lesson in history happening, and Abe Lincoln summarized it when he said "...but you can't fool all the people all the time."

And Mark Twain, himself a newspaper reporter at times: "A man who doesn't read a newspaper is uninformed. A man who reads a newspaper is misinformed."

Suck it, bitches!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing hurts worse than the truth, as far as words are concerned.

He is interfering with their ability to brainwash people. that is a good thing.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Bwahahahaha!

So the crybabies want to be able to trash him with impunity, but they want him to be muzzled as far as his response?

Heheheh....yeah, about that....no.

Dumbasses.

Give 'em hell, Don! MAGA!

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It shall go down in history as Hissy Fit Thursday.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
The greatness of America is dependent on the role of a free press to speak the truth ...

They oughta try that. It would be refreshing.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
IS Trump attacking the press? He's expressing his opinion that many of them are presenting "fake news" and by that term he means they are misrepresenting the truth, or outright lying. But, he hasn't pulled an Obama and penned any executive orders inhibiting them in any way.

Funny how they can attack him, but when he responds to their attacks, they cry foul and cry that he's attacking them.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I heard on FoxNews Radio this morning that over 300 newspapers led by the Boston Globe ran an editorial today demanding that Trump stop interfering with freedom of the press by calling them "fake news". They also demanded that he stop calling the press the enemy of the people, according to the radio report.

I guess the best/worst part about this is that they don't get the fact that this is completely self inflicted on the part of the media.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
AFAIK, President Trump has done nothing that would actually curtail anything the media outlets are doing--he hasn't closed any papers, arrested any editors or reporters, burned down any facilities, etc. Until he does something material to inhibit the operation of the media, they have no right to complain. He has a perfect right to express his opinion about their activities, and if he manages to convince some of his followers to drop their support it could hurt them, but in the end it is the followers' decisions that have done the deed, not the President himself.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
That's the funniest thing I've heard this week! Newspapers want to be able to say anything they want to say, but they want the President to shut the fuck up.

Only in America! No, wait, that's not right. Shit like this happened in just about every country that was ruled by an oppressive dictator.

Yeah, that's how the fucking commies work. Despicable trash.

Q

Posts: 26382 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thereby proving they are not colluding to undermine the President. Duh.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Over 300 newspapers band together with editorials demanding Trump stop interfering with press.

Somehow, I missed the interfering. Did I miss the raids on newspaper offices, the detention of reporters, the confiscation of newspapers off the racks, the threats against editors? Crap, and I thought I had been paying attention. Wink

He's calling them out, going around them (Tweets), punching back when punched, going after leakers who put their oaths and obligations second to their desire to get stroked by reporters, skipping the annual insult-fest correspondents' dinner, etc. Hell, he hasn't even removed press-passes granting blithering idiots access to his news conferences.

In other words, he's giving as good as he's getting - arguably better. The Horror.

To paraphrase an earlier POTUS, here's some advice for the press: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the news business."

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post