Notify
Tools

The Flu Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
I have it. It sucks.
Everytime I get it I can't stop thinking about Captain Tripps.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Had it last week, as you said, it sucks. Yeah, the stand comes to mind every year - loved the book. As long as your dreaming of Mother Abigail you'll survive Wink

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Oh boy do I feel cruddy. What's the run time on flu symptoms?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Count me in. My wife got it on Monday. I stayed home Tuesday to take care of her, and had it by Tuesday night.

I was so sick I could not get out of bed on Wednesday. I was up Thursday but still pretty sick. Back to work today, but only because I don't get sick pay.

Here it is Friday night. I'm up and around, but far from feeling healthy. Frown

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I've heard receantly when you first feel the symptoms, hit the elderberry extract. Supposed to work well. Look that up on line.

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
The ex forgot to get my boy his flu shot (had I known I would have) and sure enough he caught it last month. Bad symptoms for about 4-5 days then just feeling like a bad cold the rest of the week. Feel better man, flu sucks.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woke up with flu symptoms last Wednesday, by lunch it was full on. Luckily they put me on tamiflu by that afternoon, and honestly by Saturday I felt a whole lot better. By Monday I was symptom free.

Posts: 1633 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I have it. It sucks.
Everytime I get it I can't stop thinking about Captain Tripps.

I guess you won't be on the way to Collar-Radow?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I had the fever of 102+ for 5 days. A cough for a couple weeks or more. My daughter was only really sick for 36 hours. My son had the fever for 3, got better, and is now sick again sith something else.

Best of luck, my friend! Its a bitch.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have not had it this season.

I got the inoculation, it does work most years IMHO.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm ready for it to go away. I've not seen a flu outbreak as long as this one in quite some time. Usually there will be an increase in flu activity that will last for maybe 2 weeks. This current increase has been going on since mid-January. I'm still seeing prescriptions for Tamiflu come through my pharmacy.
Hope you get feeling better smithnsig.

Posts: 2159 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post