SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Docter sight - what do I have?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Docter sight - what do I have? Login/Join 
Picture of Mutiny
posted
I found this digging through my parts. It came with a 22 pistol I once had and hence the included weaver mount. The Docter website is not very helpful. I slapped in a new 2032 battery, and it fired right up.
Any reason I can't use it on a MOS Glock, or even a rifle with the correct mount?
Are these good optics? compared to a RMR or similar?
Thanks...

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
They are one of the originators in the field, so (without knowing models) it could be relatively new or 20+ years old.

Their mounting pattern became one of the industry standards, so getting other mounts should be no issue.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
They are one of the originators in the field, so (without knowing models) it could be relatively new or 20+ years old.

It is about 20 years old.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty durable and reliable red dot.
Toss it on an ACOG, or variable power scope on an AR or similar battle rifle.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Pretty durable and reliable red dot.
Toss it on an ACOG, or variable power scope on an AR or similar battle rifle.

I have a couple AR rifles I could drop it on, one has a 1x6 and another 1x8 so I was hoping it would accompany one of those well. I just couldn't find enough about it.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have the Trijicon RMRs. They are like the Docter sights from what I read. Mrs DF can't use conventional sights because she has no depth perception. Jr DF #4 is the same. These RMRs really sorted them out. Now they both enjoy shooting because they can hit their target. Fast target acquisition too. Throw it on your weapon of choice and enjoy.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
For a while you could pay a little extra and have those “billet-proofed” from the factory. It was supposed to make it much more “recoil resistant”. I put about 20 of them on REM 870’s for one of our tactical teams several years ago. I don’t think one has had a failure.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
You guys have had a much different experience than what I had with mine.

I never did get more than 20 shots out of mine.

It went back to Germany, the the service center in Vegas 3 times and they finally said not to send it back again because they would not touch it again.

I still have it around here somewhere just as a reminder.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4579 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 20 years ago Tasco marketed an Optima 2000 Propoint which was either similar or identical to that mount. Mine still functions after 20 years but I haven't shot the gun a lot.

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
For a while you could pay a little extra and have those “billet-proofed” from the factory. It was supposed to make it much more “recoil resistant”. I put about 20 of them on REM 870’s for one of our tactical teams several years ago. I don’t think one has had a failure.

On the docter website, they still claim to have the bulletproofing service. It doesn't really describe what it involves or does though.
Thanks for the real life experience info.