SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I suspect they gave my mom a happy pill in the hospital
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I suspect they gave my mom a happy pill in the hospital Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lunasee:
Find out what it was and get a years supply.

Only a year? I told she's 88 but you don't have to go all doomsday on me.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
They tell you if you don’t lighten up, you’ll be eating hospital food for the rest of your life.

You're on a roll. Keep up the good work

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Is the change still there? Is she happier than normal, now that she's home?
Not to be a downer on this somewhat light-hearted discussion, but I have heard tales of people having mild strokes that altered their personality.
Just a thought. I hope she is doing well.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Could be that she, for lack of a better term, popped off to the wrong nurse and said nurse told her exactly how she would be treating staff from that point forward...or else. Some of those old school nurses can be pretty crusty.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Wondering if this could go all House MD, but could it be a positive side-effect situation (some are)? Hidden pre-existing condition which was relieved by whatever therapy/drugs she received at the hospital for a different reason. Say the high blood pressure was exacerbating a small aneurysm in the pre-frontal cortex, this in turn caused typical frontal behavior- displaced anger, difficult to get along with, frustration and confrontational behavior.

Whatever rescue medications she received during her hospital stay coincidentally and dramatically assuaged the local pressure in the brain and let Mom briefly become the person she really is, sweet and appreciative.

Do you know exactly what meds she received?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Is the change still there? Is she happier than normal, now that she's home?
Not to be a downer on this somewhat light-hearted discussion, but I have heard tales of people having mild strokes that altered their personality.
Just a thought. I hope she is doing well.

Bruce

This is actually what I was thinking as well. Hopefully all is fine.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post