SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The deed is done and I have a bag of frozen peas in my lap.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The deed is done and I have a bag of frozen peas in my lap. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
RULE #1 DO NOTHING ALL WEEKEND !!

RULE #2 when you want to get up and do something -- SEE RULE #1.

seriously -- you'll 'THINK' you're fine sooner than you are actually fine.

do absolutely nothing for 3-4 days and you should be fine.

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club.

Posts: 1627 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume he’s talking about having a vasectomy.
After contemplating for a bit I made the same assumption.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
So all I did this weekend was hold the couch down and turn frozen peas into less frozen peas. Today I'm back in the office and other than some swelling and tenderness I feel pretty good.
I'd say there's really nothing too terrible about getting snipped when you consider the benefits you eventually receive.

Posts: 10817 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Recovery was a non-event for me. I hope the same is true for you.

And the sureness of the "cure" is a nice thing.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take the post follow-up seriously.

My neighbor/friend never went back. 6 months later his wife was pregnant - with Twins !!

I was a good guy and went with him to the Honda Dealership where he traded in his Accord for an Odyssey. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
I'm due for my follow-up, just need to schedule it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15111 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

My neighbor/friend never went back. 6 months later his wife was pregnant - with Twins !!

I was a good guy and went with him to the Honda Dealership where he traded in his Accord for an Odyssey. Big Grin
Is it possible that they disabled the wrong set of nads? Jus' askin'. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15469 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had mine done in January of 1975 after my second son was born.

It was a problem doing it in the doc's office, but he persevered. I, on the other hand, suffered.

My testicles were as swollen as volley balls (seriously) and I had to be very careful not to step down too hard or the shaking/bouncing they got from that hurt like the devil.

Lasted a couple of weeks and then things returned to normal.

Hope you fare better than I did.

Bob

Posts: 1557 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the well wishes.
So far so good. Aside from shuffling around like Ozzy I'm able to function almost normally.

Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Same thing happened to my buddy. Didn't do the follow-up. His wife wasn't thrilled at being pregnant at 40, but they had a beautiful, healthy girl.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Birdseye, Green Giant, Goya, Woodstock Organic, or generic store brand?

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15827 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I walked in 3 times, walked out 2 over a few years. Finally done, and my wife was fixed after the last child (some issues). But - a buddy on a fishing trip was surprised and decided I need to not have any surprises. Took me roughly 5-6 weeks to feel normal, and yes got checked by the doctor. Lots of ice, take a break.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had mine done back in December, the peas were key! I used 2 bags and kept swapping them out.

Worst part was laying there with my junk out and this nurse prepping me and trying to make small talk as she’s getting my nutsack ready. Eek

Posts: 33541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I had mine done back in December, the peas were key! I used 2 bags and kept swapping them out.

Worst part was laying there with my junk out and this nurse prepping me and trying to make small talk as she’s getting my nutsack ready. Eek

Yeah, that was pretty awkward. There were two with me. The nurse was young and very attractive and she had a "trainee" with her. Luckily the circumstances and atmosphere of the venue made it so there were no embarrassing topics "popping up". That soap they use is cold!
I used the alternating bags as well. Worked great along with Tylenol and my trusty Deluthe Trading "Bullpen" underwear.

Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I had mine done fifty years ago in a Navy hospital. While my wife and I were in the waiting room, a Marine Major came out walking very gingerly. I said in a loud whisper, "Oh my God, he was a sailor when he went in." He gave me a glare, but was in no shape to do anything.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I was in the hospital being prepped for quadruple heart bypass surgery. I was laying on the bed totally nude. Two young good looking female nurses were prepping me and two young good looking female aids were shaving me from stem to stern. My wife was in a chair next to me. I have never felt more vulnerable in my life.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post