SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy boat story
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy boat story Login/Join 
posted
Will put his 21 ft, 17 y.o. pontoon boat up for sale a few weeks back.
on the second day that he had it out by the side of the road , he got a call.

The guy was driving 90 minutes to take a look at it ,
His buddy had called him and told him about it.

Will offered to take him out on the boat ,
which was a good thing as this would be the buyers first boat ever.

the spent 90 minutes tooling around the reservoir. asking questions etc.

The buyer was giddy as could be , he had brought his 18 y.o. son with him. great big grins all around.

the next week end Will got a call from the buyer ,
he recognized the phone number , and he just about half panicked.

It turns out that the buyer was elated with the purchase , thought it was a great deal, they had a wonderful week end on the lake.

offered to let Will use it , if he was ever up that away .

Life is good when a plan comes together

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Not every one is a bad person, mostly just the ones in the news. Reassuring isn't it?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Of course they're both happy... Just for different reasons. As the old saying goes: "The two happiest days as a boat owner are the day you buy it and the day you sell it." Big Grin

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a nice offer, your son can take him up on his offer and use it on a totally different lake and area.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very nice to hear a story like that! Some good news is heartwarming every now and then...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
..the buyers first boat ever.
..the next week end Will got a call from the buyer..
I half expected a punchline, like in that olde "first-time chainsaw user" joke (What's that noise?!)

Life is good when a plan comes together. Copy that.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Sometimes things just work out.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Right now anything that provides some outdoor excitement sells at a premium. I recently sold both a 7 year old sidexside w/ trailer and a Hobie Cat tandem kayak within hours of listing them on Craigslist. Crazy out their.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Of course they're both happy... Just for different reasons. As the old saying goes: "The two happiest days as a boat owner are the day you buy it and the day you sell it." Big Grin

Yup. We were elated when we bought each of our boats (a 30' sailboat and an 18' bow-rider power boat), and, if not elated, then happy when we sold each of them.

Never heard back from either of the buyers, though. Kind of surprised we never heard anything from the power boat buyers, especially. They were simply giddy when they bought it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post