SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can anyone identify this device?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone identify this device? Login/Join 
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted
So I was sitting outside a Bank of America the other day when I noticed this device on the roof. It's a bit difficult to see but there's a rod on the top that slowly spins. I've never seen anything like it.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
BoA surveillance transmitter so corporate can insure employees provide no customer service whatsoever.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like a pigeon chaser awayer.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
BoA surveillance transmitter so corporate can insure employees provide no customer service whatsoever.

Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Thats so true!

The one on my local branch must be broken as I actually got them to do some work for me (notarization).

I once told a BofA rep in Texas (as I was closing my account) that they should get out of the personal banking business because they were really really bad at it. I still have BofA for my company accounts though.

quote:
BoA surveillance receiver so corporate can insure employees provide no customer service whatsoever.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:

In that case I can say it definately works very well!

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's just about damn right.

I was in a BOA about six months ago. I handed the teller three endorsed checks and a deposit slip, everything filled out fully and correctly, and legibly written.

"And what are we doing today?" she asked me, looking at the checks.

"Well," I said, "what we're not doing today is reading, are we?"

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
There's no tech that is that effective. Big Grin

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
It looks like a pigeon chaser awayer.

I'll be damned you're correct. Found this on Amazon. I wouldn't think it to be very effective with just a rod spinning.

NRA Life Patron

Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
That's just about damn right.

I was in a BOA about six months ago. I handed the teller three endorsed checks and a deposit slip, everything filled out fully and correctly, and legibly written.

"And what are we doing today?" she asked me, looking at the checks.

"Well," I said, "what we're not doing today is reading, are we?"

I get roped into taking deposits from work on occasion that's the only reason I set foot in BOA. Last year I walked in with nine separate deposit bags and had to stand in line for 20 minutes. Handed the deposits through the slot and after thumbing through them the girl rang her little bell for help from a manager. Guy walks over and speaks with her for a second then turns to me and says "we have a limit of five deposits so you'll need to bring the other four back tomorrow" and slips them back through the slot. Seriously, they act like they're doing customers a favor by taking their deposits. If it had been my business account I'd have immediately shut it down and moved on.

NRA Life Patron

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My last bank was Michigan National Bank, many moons ago. I no longer recall what they finally did that was the last straw, but suffice it to say they cared so little about their customers they didn't even ask why when I walked in and told them I wished to close my accounts with them.

Been with a CU ever since.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can't have pigeons crapping on the customers. That's the BANK's job!

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I was with Security Pacific when BofA bought them. It was okay as our branch manager became assistant manager at the BofA and ran interference. It was still like having a really banker. Moved here and gave BofA a chance. Sat down with manager, explained the situation, said, I know BofA are generally not rockstars in customer service, but this is a great small town, do you guys do better here? “Oh yes, we’re wonderful, you’ll love it, blah, blah blah.” They didn’t last six months. Then the turkeys bought the company we had our primary credit card with. They didn’t take but a month or two to get fired. BofA sucks the sweat off of...

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking of moving my accounts from BoA lately. I guess it's the same all over but they have closed all the drive up windows here to make you go inside or use the atm for everything. If you go inside it's ridiculous....one, maybe two tellers working at the most. I had to go in one day and stood in a line almost to the door ----two tellers working and another employee just standing back there watching, making no attempt to help out the other two.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I wouldn't think it to be very effective with just a rod spinning.

Well, you gotta admit there weren't any pigeons in the picture.....

'Course, by that logic, it must work for hippos and penguins, too. Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
I've been thinking of moving my accounts from BoA lately. I guess it's the same all over but they have closed all the drive up windows here to make you go inside or use the atm for everything. If you go inside it's ridiculous....one, maybe two tellers working at the most. I had to go in one day and stood in a line almost to the door ----two tellers working and another employee just standing back there watching, making no attempt to help out the other two.

Standard MOA for pre-closing of the branch, they did that here with the branch we used to use, right after they closed the closer branch we used, eventually I'll have to drive to NC to find an open BOA branch...

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is good.

I have experience with BoA from the perspective of a technology service provider. When it comes to providing customer service to BoA, they have much different expectations.

When they had a question, request for quote, etc., they'd send it to us with along with a deadline to respond. And there would be hell to pay if we missed that deadline. The temper tantrums those people would throw had some of our folks in tears.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the new Binford 1220 Super social distancing hat.

The arms spin to call attention to how close is too close.

They are showing up on roofs after Innocent bystanders get poked in there/face by the spinners.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
It took a total of 2 years to completely leave BofA. but I dont regret it one bit. I cannot think of a single thing Bank of America ever did for me as a customer. They are terrible.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There used to be bill boards on North 7th St. ,In Phoenix,
That had 8 ft. Long arms on them.

I was told that they were cheaper to use than the four inch long spikes.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post