SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is God Time or,
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is God Time or, Login/Join 
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I been drinking so I am not going to respond. Smile

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Time doesn't exist, it was invented by Man.

Er....what?? Eek

Time isn't real, and as we move into quantum mechanics and understanding of how the universe operates, it isn't a useful metric. We made time up just as a means to try to understand our world.

Here is just one take on it: http://www.grahameb.com/realitycheck/?p=425

Time is immaterial, even though we use it to order our world. We created it to bring order, we are predisposed to seek order where there isn't any. Our attempts to understand and rationalize the world around us gave rise to the creation of gods.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Er....what?? Eek

Time isn't real, and as we move into quantum mechanics and understanding of how the universe operates, it isn't a useful metric. We made time up just as a means to try to understand our world.

Time is immaterial, even though we use it to order our world. We created it to bring order, we are predisposed to seek order where there isn't any. Our attempts to understand and rationalize the world around us gave rise to the creation of gods.

Uhhhh. Mkay. Interesting link. I got lost with the cats and grasshopers 'n' stuff. So now my brain hurts. Thanks for that. Razz

I'm gonna' go out on a limb and suggest some of your views are vaguely rooted in atheistic origins. Wink

But hey, our differences are what makes the world go 'round. Smile

I'm not sure which is worse, that your arguments just made my head explode, or that what you suggest is actually possible. Eek

H&K-Guy

Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Time doesn't exist, it was invented by Man. Just like gods.

My view as well.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
H&K-Guy, I like your response. Good answer!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, it's preceded by parsley, sage and rosemary.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Somebody had too much of the brown water...

posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/_I4S61Do-Qs

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Er....what?? Eek

Or...

Time doesn't matter and matter doesn't time.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You need to clarify and expand on your question or we're going to a lock.

Are you just playing around and trying to be cute, or do you have legitimate a question?

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
As far as I know, it's preceded by parsley, sage and rosemary.....

Big Grin

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You need to clarify and expand on your question or we're going to a lock.

Are you just playing around and trying to be cute, or do you have legitimate a question?

It's hard to understand heartburn over the Op's open question.

It invites everyone to talk about that concept.

In Christian religion God is eternally present . He has no beginning and no ending.

He existed before the foundation of the world and there has never been what we call time when he was not there.

Calvanism and so many branches of thought within classic Christianity have spent lots of energy discussing whether God is slave to anything and whether anything is a slave to God's will.

Eternality, omniscience, omnipresence all run to the heart of one's conception of God.

I started seriously asking about questions such as the OPs when I was 11.

I've spent time studying these things with degrees in both philosophy and religion.

So, to me, to understand or query about one's God and one's relation to an eternal God and the nature of time is a legitimate step - but maybe not - it's Para's house.

These are important issues going to a nature of one's conception of God.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post