SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is God Time or,
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is God Time or, Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Is Time a Slave to God?

Please, to provide insight to others here, let's stay out of other's religions and just remain on topic.

V/R

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Is Time a Slave to God?

Please, to provide insight to others here, let's stay out of other's religions and just remain on topic.

V/R

I'll be so obliged as to quotes myself. Big Grin

Time is a Slave to God.
And this is the 11th day

Jus Sayin'

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I regret bringing TimeCube to this forum.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Report This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
#NoregretsMarkitsbeenhilarious

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Reminds of Homer’s question on the Simpsons:

Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that even He Himself could not eat it?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Everything is a slave to God

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
God transcends time. Time transcends man.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Time doesn't exist, it was invented by Man. Just like gods.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
First, I suggest clarifying your question. I don't know what you're asking. Secondly, how do you keep religion out of a discussion about God?

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
God "IS" creator of all. Including time and our limited ability to see what IS. Must be for a reason. Only God knows. I believe it's by design to bring about faith,love,hope and charity. God only knows how. Especially charity as I'm a firm believer in "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" myself. Guess I need to remember to give with my eyes closed as to whom it goes to. As God must surely wonder at my "free will" involvement in his plans.

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Time doesn't exist, it was invented by Man.

Er....what?? Eek

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I always thought time and space pretty much fed each other's creation and man just came up with systems to demarcate and measure them so they wouldn't blow man away conceptually.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Mankind made the earth spin clockwise – by inventing sundials in the northern hemisphere.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Is God Time?

Well, consider this. I’m going to use the Christian God of the Bible in my explanation. You may follow along using whatever belief system you wish. I call this “Relative Timescape Theory.”

Einstein postulated something close to this: If a person were to go near the gravity well of an event horizon of a black hole, time would slow relative to those nearer microgravity, or even a void of space. In other words, time slows the closer you are to a gravitational force relative to time near a void in space. Put another way, an atomic clock in the void of space, or in microgravity, would run faster than one on Earth. So, the universe is made of up a Relative Timscape governed by the mass of the universe.

If you believe God created the Heavens and the Earth (Genesis 1:1) which for arguments sake could mean the universe, then he must reside somewhere else in order to have created them. This ‘somewhere else’ is described as “the Realms above” (John 8:23) by Jesus. Further, the Lord’s Prayer asks that we pray “Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth" (John 6:10). So we can see that the spirit realm where God resides, is separate from the physical realm, where Earth resides.

So, God resides in the Spirit realm, where there is likely no physical forms. Thus God is not bound by time, or the effects of gravity. It is quite possible that living without the confines of time would make the spirit realm nonlinear, or in effect, God could enter the physical universe at any time and place he wished. Thus, he would see the entire timeline as a constant.
This also could explain how God can see the future and the past, as describe at Isaiah 46:8-10, “Remember the former things of long ago, that I am God, and there is no other. I am God, and there is no one like me. From the beginning I foretell the outcome, and from long ago the things that have not yet been done. I say, ‘My decision will stand, and I will do whatever I please.’"

I believe our physical universe, created by God, is a Relative Timescape governed by the mass of the physical universe. I belief God resides in a spirit realm, unaffected by time.

But then these are just random thoughts that pass through my mind at times. I’m sure the rest of you have better explanations.

H&K-Guy

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
That's what I said, but for the first time in SIGfourm history, I used less words than anybody! Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Is God Time?

Well, consider this. I’m going to use the Christian God of the Bible in my explanation. You may follow along using whatever belief system you wish. I call this “Relative Timescape Theory.”

Einstein postulated something close to this: If a person were to go near the gravity well of an event horizon of a black hole, time would slow relative to those nearer microgravity, or even a void of space. In other words, time slows the closer you are to a gravitational force relative to time near a void in space. Put another way, an atomic clock in the void of space, or in microgravity, would run faster than one on Earth. So, the universe is made of up a Relative Timscape governed by the mass of the universe.

If you believe God created the Heavens and the Earth (Genesis 1:1) which for arguments sake could mean the universe, then he must reside somewhere else in order to have created them. This ‘somewhere else’ is described as “the Realms above” (John 8:23) by Jesus. Further, the Lord’s Prayer asks that we pray “Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth" (John 6:10). So we can see that the spirit realm where God resides, is separate from the physical realm, where Earth resides.

So, God resides in the Spirit realm, where there is likely no physical forms. Thus God is not bound by time, or the effects of gravity. It is quite possible that living without the confines of time would make the spirit realm nonlinear, or in effect, God could enter the physical universe at any time and place he wished. Thus, he would see the entire timeline as a constant.
This also could explain how God can see the future and the past, as describe at Isaiah 46:8-10, “Remember the former things of long ago, that I am God, and there is no other. I am God, and there is no one like me. From the beginning I foretell the outcome, and from long ago the things that have not yet been done. I say, ‘My decision will stand, and I will do whatever I please.’"

I believe our physical universe, created by God, is a Relative Timescape governed by the mass of the physical universe. I belief God resides in a spirit realm, unaffected by time.

But then these are just random thoughts that pass through my mind at times. I’m sure the rest of you have better explanations.

H&K-Guy

Well stated. Also, time is what defines distance, for without the concept of time, distance would be meaningless. In effect, everything would exist in one point and you would be everywhere at once....like God is now.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Report This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:

Well stated. Also, time is what defines distance, for without the concept of time, distance would be meaningless. In effect, everything would exist in one point and you would be everywhere at once....like God is now.

Yes, three dimensions define a point in space. A fourth dimension measured as time is required for movement. I agree.

H&K-Guy

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I <3 LS1 GTO's late night posts. Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Its time for lunch!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I <3 LS1 GTO's late night posts. Smile

Big Grin

Things that keep me up at night.