SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for anyone who has built a deck...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for anyone who has built a deck... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Another option that's pretty interesting.

http://www.diamondpier.com/decks.htm

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Mikein NC,
The sash block can be concrete and raises the height of the post out of the ground by eight inches I including the post bracket. The concrete itself is 2 " lower than the dirt so it can get covered by grass.
It is more time consuming but has a better look to it and stronger than sonotubes.
This is the way a mason and I built footings for decks as long as I worked for him.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How far above the ground will the top of the deck be (at the highest point)?

Posts: 989 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:

I get it now, carry on

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post