SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forged in Fire - Battle Ax
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forged in Fire - Battle Ax Login/Join 
posted
Watching Forged in Fire episode where they made battle axes.

Our 8 year old grandson asked "What's a battleaxe?"

The Mrs. gently gripped the leg I had surgery on and said "Think about your answer".

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
I trust you gave significant consideration to your reply as you have posted. Big Grin Funny stuff!

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats funny Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was asking about a "new battleaxe", so you are good to go. That was funny.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Lol, very good!

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh that is funny!! Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Danger Will Robinson!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
I can vaguely remember these lines from a "Fractured Fairy Tales" segment on the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show:

- Go get your battleaxe!
+ Leave my wife out of this!

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Better explain a few things to your wife or he might be like so many boys that end up wearing skinny jeans. And that is just for starters. Nothing wrong with battle axes For boys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
your battleaxe sir, will keeeal.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the show, but that idjit is gonna whack off his digits someday ...

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... hahaha.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Better explain a few things to your wife or he might be like so many boys that end up wearing skinny jeans. And that is just for starters. Nothing wrong with battle axes For boys.

1 : a broadax formerly used as a weapon of war
2: a usually older woman who is sharp-tongued, domineering, or combative

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
I enjoy the show, but that idjit is gonna whack off his digits someday ...

I get quezzy just watching him swing those weapons around.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
your battleaxe sir, will keeeal.

I was watching the "fan favorites" episode last night and I love when the old Okie says, "that's kill with two Es!" Cracked me up.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post