SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What to watch right now
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to watch right now Login/Join 
Picture of muddle_mann
posted
I know there are tons of items about Netflix and amazon prime but I’m literary sitting here now and need something to watch. I’ll start: Wind River

Doesn’t have to be a movie. Can be a tv series. Also have Hulu. Anything good on “network” television?

I’ve been watching:
- The Fall
- Top Gear (prior to season 22)
- Grand Tour

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wrong forum section. Try The Lair. This kind of thing is discussed there regularly.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Cobra Kai on Youtube Red.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

The one thing I don’t have :P they offer free episodes?

- Frank Castle

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Shameless
Santa Clarita diet

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muddle_mann:
quote:

The first two episodes of Cobra Kai are free. It was great fun for me. Definitely second RHINOWSO's recommendation.

Other than that, check out Fortitude on Amazon...if you like that desolate, cold The Thing type landscape with a sci-fi psychological thriller bent. I loved this show.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Shameless
Santa Clarita diet

Hey Dave. Never heard of Santa Clarita Diet. Shall check it out.

- Frank Castle

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
John Adams - Netflix
Allied - Amazon Prime
Turn: Washinton's Spies - Netflix

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Godless - unusual 7 part western series - good storyline and acting - very enjoyable .
best .

Posts: 132 | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by muddle_mann:
quote:

The first two episodes of Cobra Kai are free. It was great fun for me. Definitely second RHINOWSO's recommendation.

Other than that, check out Fortitude on Amazon...if you like that desolate, cold The Thing type landscape with a sci-fi psychological thriller bent. I loved this show.

If you sign up for Youtube Red (now called Youtube Prime) the first month is free, so you can easily watch the entire 10-episode series fo-free. Cancel anytime before the first billing cycle.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Here's a few I haven't seen posted yet.

Altered Carbon (excellent, but most likely not appropriate for the library)
The Man in the High Castle (haven't seen it, but it's next on my list.)
Lost in Space (I didn't care for it, but a few people who's judgement I trust did)

The Santa Clarita diet is supposed to be hilarious, but I haven't tried it yet.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Narcos
Peaky Blinders
Babylon Berlin
Ozark
Man Hunt Unabomber
Fauda
American Crime
Shimmer Lake
The Seven Five (documentary)

That should keep you occupied for a bit.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The complete five seasons of Babylon 5 hit Amazon Prime next month.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
I found "Safe" with Michael C. Hall. It's pretty good!

- Frank Castle

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bernborough2000:
Godless - unusual 7 part western series - good storyline and acting - very enjoyable .
best .

That was a great show.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
How about something completely stupid and yet funny?

Jane the Virgin

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Lileyhammer

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Justified on Amazon Prime.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Safe
Rain
The Crossing
Siren
Beyond
The Handmaid’s Tale
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Shameless
Longmire
Godless
Bloodline
Narcos
Dexter - If you never watched it.
13 Reasons Why

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post